Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 700 Old 06-20-2006, 01:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
that is fine with me next friday. I will say that i too got my sons circd the first one i was presured and didnt know any better i believed the whole it is better in the long run. when the doc came in i wanted to scream i dont want it done but my hubby won that battle(althought doc was hoooot and wanted to ask if he got circd and that is why he was saying they havent proven any medical reasoning for circing or uncircing. sorry just a side note) my second son i didnt want him circd either but was in a coma after he was born due to hysterectomy resulting from DIC (in my terms bleeding alot) but with second sone he has what some call a disapereaing penis and i like the fact you cant tell really if he was or not. i wish i could say that he wasnt but you can tell a little he was soo and that would be lying.
and with both had epi again first one i didnt know any better and was so scared had no faimly there at all ( i know i am a whimp) then with the second because my preg was so stressful they said to put it in well it fell out and had baby natural in a hospital (Navy hospital) but with everything else crunchy sorry i must tell the truth those are the only noncrunchy things i selectively and delay vaxing the kids but i do vax sorry again. anyway friday is good for me.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#63 of 700 Old 06-20-2006, 01:46 AM

sorry I didn't make it ladies- I left a msg on marilyns phone- I had tire trouble *ggrrrr*

I really wanted to come too
#64 of 700 Old 06-20-2006, 09:12 AM - Thread Starter

I'd love to try another meet up, but it'll be a couple of weeks before I can make one. We are leaving to go visit family & won't be back until the 2nd week of July.

Krystal: Don't worry, nobody's giving out crunchy ratings here! We selectively vax & DH wants to circ any boys that we might have. I'm putting up a good anti-circ fight, but I don't think it's worth divorcing over (some MDC-ers do).

-Shannon, momma to H reading.gif 8/03, N heartbeat.gif 9/06, & P homebirth.jpg 8/11, missing S brokenheart.gif born at 11 wks 1/09 

#65 of 700 Old 06-20-2006, 09:20 PM

have I told you all that you all are great. I just wanted to say thanks for making me feel better and thanks for the hugs. I have kicked myself in the butt for circing my boyz one that i didnt want to happen and one that well i was not very informed and just looked at into it alittle bit. I wanted to say that i hope to meet you all soon and enjoy your trip and maybe after the 2nd we can get together love ya all

#66 of 700 Old 06-25-2006, 12:47 AM

Was wondering were you all have been. I am missing my mommies here. I didnt know if we were still on this week due to the fact i hadnt heard from you all. anyway i will talk to you all later.

#67 of 700 Old 06-26-2006, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdipemomof2boy
Was wondering were you all have been. I am missing my mommies here. I didnt know if we were still on this week due to the fact i hadnt heard from you all. anyway i will talk to you all later.
I probably won't be able to make it for awhile, I went in Sat night because of my blood pressure & they admitted me... so this past week my mother came down to get the kids & I spent the week in the hospital in Wilmington...
I signed out AMA this weekend, because they gave me a crazy roommate, but I go back this afternoon for more tests & I am pretty sure they'll want to admit me again

Jayme-
#68 of 700 Old 06-26-2006, 11:00 AM

crystal wanna shoot for friday?
#69 of 700 Old 06-26-2006, 04:49 PM

Is anyone else interested in doing the nurse-in this Saturday? If not, I'm going to Wilmington to do it there... but let me know so we can get this thing organized.

BTW, the manager of the Jacksonville mall goes to my church and I know him & his family pretty well. This is not necessarily a good thing... I don't know. I wasn't planning on "alerting" anyone anyway... if someone else wanted to, that's fine, but I'm not trying to cause problems in other areas of my life, kwim?
#70 of 700 Old 06-26-2006, 11:09 PM

this friday is fine what time? by the way if anyone is familiar with maya wraps can somone help me out. i got a wrap like thing from someone off freecycle and it has a video and all that but i watched the video and well it wasnt as helpful when i actually had to do it. Anyway sorry about your blood preasure thing too. I know about crazy roomates i live with one hehehe anyway i hope that all is going well. keep us informed. by the way i noticed you have i am guessing a two boys one evan and one ethan does that get confusing ya know with momma brain i know mine does and i have totally different names evan and jacob but a friend of mine has an ethan and when we get together wow confusion for both of us.
Anyway about the victoria secret thing i want to go but i would have to do it up here due to i know nothing about wilmington except for the hospital area and the aquariam.(the hospital cause that is where i went after hysterectomy and realllly familiar with the ICU and MICU and well post partum but loved the people there cause they were so nice but i got really nice people i think they felt sorry for me that might be why.) anyway i understand about not wanting to make waves in other areas of life i already am getting enought flack from my family about my crunchiness.

#71 of 700 Old 06-26-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
about the victoria secret thing i want to go but i would have to do it up here due to i know nothing about wilmington
Here is great. I'd rather not drive to Wilmington, since I really can't afford the gas, but I can't not do this! I've never done a nurse-in before, so I'm all excited about this.

It would be nice to have more than 2 people there, though.

Should we alert local media? I wanted to, but didn't know if we'd have much of a turnout. It's last-minute now, but I will get in touch with LLL tomorrow, so they can spread the word. I can send the press release to the Daily News and channel 9 also. Don't know about letting the mall know. It seems like we should, but I would rather not be the one to do it. I'd be more than happy to compose a letter or something. Or we could send them a copy of the press release.
#72 of 700 Old 06-27-2006, 01:09 AM

has anyone tried contacting the LLL? that would be the only place I would know to start
#73 of 700 Old 06-27-2006, 04:54 PM

I am not currently nursing anymore due to reasons beyond my control but am a big supporter of it. I tried to with both kids. anyway i will be there with a big supportive smile and my ribbon for breastfeedig if we are still up for it this saturday right.

#74 of 700 Old 06-27-2006, 07:28 PM

I emailed LLL, channel 12, the Daily News, and a bunch of radio stations. I don't know if I sent it to the right people... I just looked at the website for a "general" contact, and for one radio station (oldies 107.9) I sent it to their morning show people, since 1) there's a woman on that show, but the rest are all men, and 2) they tend announce all kinds of crazy stuff. So hopefully word gets out. If anyone knows of any other place to contact, let me know.
#75 of 700 Old 06-29-2006, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeysMama
Is anyone else interested in doing the nurse-in this Saturday? If not, I'm going to Wilmington to do it there... but let me know so we can get this thing organized.

BTW, the manager of the Jacksonville mall goes to my church and I know him & his family pretty well. This is not necessarily a good thing... I don't know. I wasn't planning on "alerting" anyone anyway... if someone else wanted to, that's fine, but I'm not trying to cause problems in other areas of my life, kwim?
Hi I've been a member of mothering.com for a while now but for some reason just found this board.
Anyway I'm in Jacksonville near richlands.I'm interested in doing the Nurse -In at the Jacksonville this Saturday.
I'm so disappointed in the way BFing mommies are being treated.

Sharon wife to my hero James and  momma to Kaitlyn 17, Tayler 15 and Anna 7.fur momma to Kami  pit/boxer mix.

#76 of 700 Old 06-29-2006, 04:13 PM

The Daily News called me today! They want to cover the nurse-in Saturday!! I'm very excited about this... but we need more people! I told the reporter that I knew of 3 for sure (from reading the replies here, it now looks like 4 for sure and maybe a 5th). But I would like as big a crowd as possible. If you know any other nursing mothers in the area, please call them as soon as possible and let them know what's going on. Also, if anyone knows the phone numbers to the LLL leaders, could you call them, or give me the # and I'll call? I emailed them but haven't heard back, and we're running short on time.

I'm pming all of you... let's make this happen, ladies!!

Oh, btw, the guy from my church doesn't manage the mall anymore. He quit about a month ago, is doing something else now, and I somehow didn't know. So I called the mall today (the News guy said I would have to if I want media there), and some chick called Anastasia is supposed to call me back.
#77 of 700 Old 06-30-2006, 12:00 AM

well i will be there with my little double loop yellow ribbon for bf support. i dont nurse but i will be there with my sling (if i ever figure it out) and support bf. if you want to know who i am i will be the one with the toddlers and the sling that looks like i dont know what i am doing thanks for allowing me to come even if i cant nurse anymore (

#78 of 700 Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 AM

Got the thumbs-up from the mall....
#79 of 700 Old 06-30-2006, 12:44 PM

Good I'm excited and can't wait.

Sharon wife to my hero James and  momma to Kaitlyn 17, Tayler 15 and Anna 7.fur momma to Kami  pit/boxer mix.

#80 of 700 Old 06-30-2006, 06:15 PM

So far...

Yes: 4 mamas, 3 children.
Maybe: 1 mama/child.
#81 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 02:55 AM

I wish I could, but my nursling is in the NICU
I'd probably look funny standing there pumping LOL

Jayme-
#82 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 09:38 AM

what time i tried looking at previous post and cant see were it says a time.

sorry about your nursling. how is the baby doing. i dont think it would look funny if anyone asked that is all you have to tell them is that you are doing it to feed your baby. just like nursing to me but i understand if you dont feel comfy and want to be with baby. love you all will be praying for you and your baby

#83 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 11:42 AM

Jayme - If you are up to coming, we'd love to have you just as support. But don't worry, no one expects you to... you need to be with your baby.

Also, I would love to help you out somehow; that's gotta be rough to have a preemie, plus so many other kids. PM me...
#84 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
what time i tried looking at previous post and cant see were it says a time.

sorry about your nursling. how is the baby doing. i dont think it would look funny if anyone asked that is all you have to tell them is that you are doing it to feed your baby. just like nursing to me but i understand if you dont feel comfy and want to be with baby. love you all will be praying for you and your baby
I *think* it is at one pm... I could be wrong though LOL
My mind is mush lately

Elora is doing well, she's holding stable which is all we can hope for right now.

Jayme-
#85 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeysMama
Jayme - If you are up to coming, we'd love to have you just as support. But don't worry, no one expects you to... you need to be with your baby.

Also, I would love to help you out somehow; that's gotta be rough to have a preemie, plus so many other kids. PM me...
We are really lucky that my kids are with family right now, so we can concentrate on Elora getting better.

Jayme-
#86 of 700 Old 07-01-2006, 06:47 PM

Yeah, it was at 1:00. Just me & Sharon.. the Daily News showed up, though. They took pictures and talked to us. I didn't even get to nurse, though - DS was just NOT interested. So... it was a little disappointing - didn't even look like a nurse-in or anything - but the newspaper article will hopefully do the job.

I keep thinking, though, that I never told the reporter today that this was a nationwide event. I know I said it on the phone (more than once), and I don't know what Sharon said... but for some reason I am really nervous, thinking this is going to be portrayed as some wacky thing with just us! LOL. Hopefully they'll get it straight. I think I am being paranoid about nothing - I often stress about the most random details...

Oh, and when we met, Sharon & I realized we knew each other - I used to work with her DH. So that was cool... after the semi-nurse-in, we walked around the mall for over an hour just talking.

Jayme - that's great... but let me know if you need anything.
#87 of 700 Old 07-02-2006, 08:25 PM

I picked up a paper today but didn't see anything. hopefully they didn't decide to trash the story.
maybe it will make it into tomorrow's issue.
I'd really like to have copies of the photoghaphs taken,wonder if they'd release them to us?

#88 of 700 Old 07-02-2006, 10:05 PM

Sharon - Yeah, I looked at the paper too. Apparently I wasted $1.25... grrr. It better be in there tomorrow.

Daniel McNamara was the reporter... so talk to him about the photos.
#89 of 700 Old 07-03-2006, 02:16 PM

x-posted in tao...

i can't afford internet anymore, so i won't be around. this is indefinite; at least 6 months. i may pop in from time to time on a library computer, but that'll be it.

will miss this place.
#90 of 700 Old 07-06-2006, 12:20 PM

The article was in Tuesday's paper... in the Local section, I believe.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page