#31 of 43 Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellid View Post

so, k9sarchik...........are you comin'?

I've been wondering the same thing!

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 43 Old 09-22-2008, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter

I'm still planning the move. Moving is such a hassle.
I've got to sell my condo. Everyone give me good vibes :that that will happen quickly.
Saturday was DS's 1st B-day!! It was a good time in the end but it started out completely crazy.

My mom went to the Waldorf meeting for me. She loved learning about the curriculum. She got the impression that the 3 people, that were hoping to get a Waldorf school going, didn't have any funds or help for it.
So at this point nothing is happening.
My mom also said it was a really small turnout.

I'm looking forward to meeting some more like-minded mamas!

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#33 of 43 Old 09-23-2008, 01:03 AM

Sandybaby, you said your doc is ok with the delayed/non vaxing? who might that be? I took my daughter out of our pediatrician's office (the children's clinic) and now see just a reg family doc. but she still presses me every visit to get her vaxed. She is polite about it, unlike the ped was, but it still gets on my nerves. I'm still sick to my stomach nervous to take my 4 year old in for his 5 year check up in December (to the ped., he is still a patient there, for now) because up until now he is up to date on his vaxes, but he will be getting no more and I know it will be a huge fight and they might ask me to leave again

On a brighter note, I LOVE LOVE LOVE the midwifes at Carolina/OBGYN : Though I didn't have to deal with the vbac issue. With my daughter I had a beautiful, wonderful, completely natural delivery assisted by one of the midwives. But I do have a friend who see's Dr Vogel (also at Carolina) and he was willing to do a vbac for her and another friend due in October who goes to Glen Meade and they are willing to let her try a vbac also. Good luck though!

I too would love to get together with any of you guys I only work 2 days a week on sat and sun so I am free Mon-Fri...inbetween school and preschool drop off and pick up and baseball and tee-ball

Brooke
#34 of 43 Old 10-04-2008, 12:31 AM

Hello everyone!!!!

I am going to jump in here I was searching for a thread on the Wilmington area and found you guys. My husband is in the coast guard and we found out yesterday we will be getting orders to Oak Island. We won't be out there till the spring/early summer but I was jumping out of my skin to find out if there were any AP moms out there.

I help run a large "naturally minded" group here south of Houston. I was bummed when we got orders to TX 2 years ago but we have loved it. Mostly because of the unexpected large group of AP and homeschooling/unschooling families. Our group has over 100 members.

If anyone can help us narrow down where we should be looking to live that would be great. Oak isalnd or closer to Wilmington. We plan on homeschooling. Our dd, now almost 4, does JOY SCHOOL which is a homeschool coop for preschool and kindergarden and we love it.

We have 2 kids and 2 large dogs. We are not fond at all of the "planned" comunity look where they clear cut the land and plant a token tree in your front yard. We have always chossen older homes with lots of shade as we have moved around. We have heard lots of complaints about traffic. Is it true? I mean we havee lived in long island and boston is it "big city" bad?

Now that I have written this crazy long post I will go nurse my son. Thanks for any help.

Mom of 3.
#35 of 43 Old 10-04-2008, 11:16 AM

yay--so excited to have all these new families moving to the area!!
In the summer the traffic to Oak Island is horrendous-we don't even attempt going to the beach on the weekends in the summer. The population triples!

We live in Boiling Springs which is about 1/2 way between Wilm. and Oak Island. There is definitely al lot more going on in WIlm than in all of Brunswick county...but we like it quiet
On the other hand I can't believe how many times I've commented that we should have moved to WIlm. when we had the chance! But I'd rather havce you move here!! WIlmington has enough cool people
From OI to Wilm. right now would take 45 minutes roughly. BUt they are in the midst of building a bridge that may shave off some time?? Not sure...

How old is your ds?

Erin-doula and mama to Ari Beat (4/7/03) and Eli Roots (3/27/06) angel.gif 6/09 angel.gif 10/09 and sweet Bodhi (6/25/11). Now growing #4 who we will meet in October joy.gif
#36 of 43 Old 10-05-2008, 01:01 AM

He is 16 months and my daughter will be 4 in Dec. How about yours?

We have lived in some big cities and where we are now, is pretty populated. I think we are ready for some quite. Even if it means things won't be as convient. Right now we live in a great town but just driving to the library for story time 3-4 miles down the road we go by; 5 fast food joints, cvs, $1 store, matress discounters, an auto zone and a major grocery store. All of that and that area of town is considered the historic section!

I have been looking at homes in the wooded section of OI. I am an urban homesteader at heart. I love to garden, want to be able to hang my clothes out on a line. Maybe even get some chickens.

Mom of 3.
#37 of 43 Old 10-07-2008, 10:51 AM

We live in a planned, cookie cutter home community, and i hate it! But it was what we could afford 7 years ago and until we get some more debt paid off it looks like we are stuck The only upside is that my boys have made some of the best friends they could ever ask for and since we are so close to everyone they play outside together ALL day long (we live at the end of the road with woods beside and behind us) It is very exciting to know there are more like minded people here in wilmington, I'm really looking forward to hopefully one day meet some of you wonderful mommies :
#38 of 43 Old 10-07-2008, 11:36 AM

That's where we are now "cookie cutter planned comunity" where the HOA won't even let me hang a clothes line. But you are right about friends. On any given day we have about 10 kids in our front yard. And even though my oldest isn't even 4 yet I can leave them in the front yard and watch them through our large window while I cook dinner and I know the older ones will watch them.

Mom of 3.
#39 of 43 Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM

The link to this thread was posted in another thread, so I thought I would bump it back up.

Mom of 3.
#40 of 43 Old 12-29-2008, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Mamas,

Glad this got bumped. My condo is still for sale. So who the heck knows when I'll be moving. My DH is going to try out for the stunt shows in Myrtle Beach. I think the tryouts are in Feb.
My house is just sitting vacant waiting for us. And now with all the Christmas toys my condo is really really small.
It's probably best that we haven't moved yet because of the economy and jobs, etc. Plus Hollywood is in a bit of a standstill and not buying anything because SAG (screen actors guild) is still threatening to strike and that puts productions on hold. So that puts my industry on hold and I would have no work. As for now my job here in CO is very stable.
Let's hope this all changes soon so I can get by butt to NC.

Hope you all are having good holidays!

Happy New Year!

Laura~ wife to my stuntman, Stig, mama to Gavin Rutgar reading.gif(4) and now Wyatt Andreas (1) and 2 little angel1.gif.

#41 of 43 Old 07-17-2014, 07:06 AM

Waldorf in wilmington, nc

I See this thread was started a while ago and wonder if anyone is still looking for a Waldorf school in wilmington, nc? I am a Waldorf teacher with a rising second grader. We stopped here in wilmington on our way to Emerson in
Chapel Hill, but would love to start some thing here! I feel like wilmington has everything we need except a Waldorf school. Perhaps there is already a Waldorf impulse here that I don't know about...
#42 of 43 Old 07-17-2014, 06:11 PM

I see this post is rather old, but...Is anyone in wilmington still looking for a Waldorf school? I am a Waldorf teacher with a Rising second grader looking for/willing to create a Waldorf school.
#43 of 43 Old 09-01-2014, 09:25 AM

I don't even live in Wilmington yet (hoping to get there sometime this winter or coming spring) and I would like to see something Waldorf there. My son is 2 years old. Anyone else????

Tags
waldorf wilmington nc

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page