Researching labor doulas in the Chattanooga Area - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-06-2008, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 31 and currently in my first pregnancy. Due to me being a live in companion with Orange Grove Center I will be unable to do a home birth so my next ideal would be to use Woman's East and have a doula. Also while I enjoy my job it doesn't bring in much in the way of income and DH is currently only able to find temp positions. So I would be looking for a low cost labor doula. I plan on having a as natural as possible birth at Woman's East. I also plan to breastfeed. I have finally convinced dh that a birth doula would not be replacing him during delivery now I just need to locate one. Any information would be great. Thanks.

EDD Feb 13 2009
#2 of 5 Old 08-15-2008, 04:06 AM

Hi! I do not know of any doulas in particular, but I went to the Women's Wellness and Maternity Center in Madisonville, TN, which is about 45 minutes or so from Women's East. They do have contact with some doulas and I did an alternative birthing class with them. You could contact them about locating someone and maybe even look in to going there. I headed in that direction when my labor started and was there well before I needed to be. I didn't end up birthing there as my son decided he didn't want to come out that way, but the midwives there were great. Hope that helps! PM me if you need any more info!

Rebekah , single working mom to Micah (04.12.2007)
#3 of 5 Old 08-24-2008, 09:49 PM

DixieFlower, another mama and I have just started BirthArts birth doula certification and are looking for births to attend for training at a reduced fee. PM me if you'd like additional information or to get in contact.

-Rachel
#4 of 5 Old 08-26-2008, 04:51 PM

There's a local yahoo group for all things birth related in Chattanooga:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/MMBirthN/

You'll find a lot of great info on doulas and midwives there.

Like the first poster, I went to the birth center in Madisonville with DS. The midwives are AMAZING and it was as close to having a home birth as could be without being home. If you decide to use Rachel (the previous poster) for a doula, I can vouch for her being super nice! Hi Rachel!

Laura, Troy, Seth 6.24.06 , and Aaron 7.13.09
#5 of 5 Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for all the response. I have found a doula that hubby and I are very comfortable with.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page