Looking for a Homeschool Group - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-22-2008, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Greetings Everyone,

just wanted to see if anyone could point me in the direction of a homeschooling community in Durham/Chapel hill area. i have 2 wonderful children the ages of 4 and 6 and I am looking for a consistent group of people to share the homeschool experience with. If anyone has any suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Peace & Blessings.
Millie
:
#2 of 3 Old 08-22-2008, 02:22 PM

We are starting a preschool co-op on a local group I am a member of...we have actually only had a planning meeting so far...we are planning to do themes each month and incorporate group fieldtrips as well!
You can check out the group HERE if you are interested or you can PM me for more information. Our first meeting will be on Sept 2nd!!

Gabriele familybed1.gif DS (11/05) - homeschool.gif computergeek2.gif
...it is nothing like school, and we are never at home...so why is it called homeschooling?

#3 of 3 Old 08-23-2008, 01:16 AM

Hi and welcome to the neighborhood! We hs our 7 year old and 4 year old. The groups I'm familiar with are THEA....which has many crunchy and some not so crunchy members. It's the group with the big park day (on Thursdays) location varies and a "nothing's really off topic" email list.

Chapel Hill Homeschoolers (membership not limited by geography) has upwards of 200 member families and more organized activities. It sponsors enrichment classes on Fridays at a church on the border of CH and Durham.

NCGifts is a groups for families with kids who are special needs and are hsing.

Homeschoolers of Color is for families that have kids who are of color and are hsing.

Christian Homeschoolers of Greater Durham (CHEAGD) is a conservative Christian group with a statement of faith.

Deerstream is a Christian-world view paid coop that meets at a church (I think) 4 days a week.

Dream and Discover....kind of waldorfy, kind of unschool-y coop that meets at an old Montessori school in Durham.

That's off the top of my head....what kind of group are you looking for....I'll post links....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page