Charlotte area realtor recommendations? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-25-2008, 03:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! H and I will be relocating to the Charlotte area near the end of the year/early 2009. I'm hoping to find a good realtor who will be able to help us figure out areas that would be a good fit for our family. Can you suggest anyone?

Also, if you have any suggestions for good areas to consider, please feel free to let me know! We are looking for a home that is close to Charlotte, but does not have to be in the city. Burbs are fine. We'd like good public schools, family friendly, safe. Our budget is around 200k. We'd like a home that doesn't need much updating if possible.

Thank you!!! I'm sure I'll be posting here much more now that the move is official.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 08-25-2008, 10:07 PM

I can recommend the realtor we used. She was recommended to us by DH's colleague, who was also happy with her. Her name is Jo Butterworth with Helen Adams Realty. If you want to PM me I can give you her cell number -- don't really want to put it out here on the Internet without her permission!

We looked for a LONG time and changed our minds during the process about what we wanted and which area. She was very easy-going, very honest about properties and helped us learn the area.

I can't really recommend certain areas since we are new here too. We ended up in Fort Mill but I really wouldn't recommend it!! It is growing incredibly fast and when we first looked at it last year it had a small-town feel. Now it is like one chain store after another and one housing development after another. We're already planning to move further out in the next few years. (And it isn't Jo's fault we ended up here -- she was pointing us to Clover, which I now think would have been better for us!)

Good luck with your move!
#3 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 11:11 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your honest thoughts on Fort Mill. That's good to know.

I'll PM you for her info. Thanks!!
#4 of 6 Old 08-26-2008, 03:19 PM

I live in the Concord area and love it. We have an awesome school system...it is Cabarrus County if your looking it up. Also we want to sell our house around Nov/Dec. Brand new...3 years old...right in your price range. Hey if your interested i could send you pics....what a great way to network.
Concord is about 15-20 min North of Charlotte off of I85N. We live 5 min from Concord Mills Mall, which is an outlet mall. Very close to everything.
Let me know if you need more info about the area. We even have a elementary school in our neighborhood. Walking distance from the house. Hope to hear back from you.
A

Mami to fly-by-nursing2.gifds 4 wks, ds 2yo, ds 6yo, dd 11yo, ds 17 yo. novaxnoIRC.gifwaterbirth.jpg
#5 of 6 Old 08-29-2008, 03:53 PM

I am in Concord too, and I suggest that to people that want to move near to Charlotte. Its close enough to commute to uptown Charlotte for working, and the schools are a good school system (much safer IMO than Charlotte Mecklenburg schools), and its a nice, less urban area. The realtor we used is Mary Ann Richardson and her son Wes Richardson with Keller Williams Realty. They were WONDERFUL! Their website is www.greatcharlotterealestate.com. And I'd suggest checking out www.charlottemommies.com too--its a message board for local mommies, and its really invaluable when it comes to resources like finding drs, playgroups, etc! We have a natural living forum there, so come visit--my sn is the same on there!

DD Emma, 3 yrs and #2 Sept 10
#6 of 6 Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM

I highly recommend Anne Brade from Helen Adams Realty (http://www.annebrade.com/about.shtml). We had to find a house in a weekend when we moved here from FL. She corresponded with me via e-mail while I was in FL and set up visits in accordance with my specifications. She is fair and quick. We are pondering moving and will be using her. She is so friendly. She keeps in touch with us even though we bought our house some time ago. I can't say enough positive things about her.

Mama to 3 wonderful children
intactlact.gifgoorganic.jpgfamilybed2.gifbfolderchild.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page