Midwives around Sanford, NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 09-08-2008, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted this in my other thread but I figured I'd make a new one so others can see it. I visited the NC midwifery website but haven't heard back yet, I'm looking for a homebirth midwife in the area and I wanted to hear from others and who they'd recommend. Thanks!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#2 of 4 Old 09-08-2008, 06:22 PM

Nancy Harman, CNM is in Bear Creek and is wonderful. She was my midwife for my last 2 babies and has been midwife to many friends who have all loved her, as well.

You can google her to get her info, as she practices legally, due to her CNM status. There is another well loved CPM in Garner who has been a wonderful midwife for many people, as well. You'll have to get her info from nchomebirth.com, a LLL meeting, or something along those lines since NC laws don't allow her to practice legally. (though that wouldn't stop me from using her for a second!!)

There are other CPMs and lay midwives around as well, you just have to ask in the right places to find out about them.

I would use Nancy again in a heartbeat. She's kind, smart, wise, gentle, encouraging, experienced, hands-off and all around wonderful. I would encourage you to interview her and see if you click.

Good luck!!
#3 of 4 Old 09-08-2008, 08:20 PM

The CPM that mama de dos mentioned goes to Sanford.

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.
#4 of 4 Old 09-08-2008, 09:08 PM

The "midwife in Garner who shall not be named" attended the birth of my son in February, and I would definitely recommend her. She has birthed quite a few MDC babies. I have also heard great things about Nancy, and they serve as one another's backups when things get busy.

Cindy, part-time family doc, full-time Mommy to Jared (2/04) and Connor (2/08) :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page