On the lookout for Chicken Pox in Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill area NC - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-08-2008, 11:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
School has started and I think Chicken pox begins making the rounds in the fall to early winter. SO I just wanted to say HI and I am on the lookout. I feel really weird writing to cyberspace and saying I want my children to catch an infectious disease, but hey, that's why I'm posting.

If anyone has the pox in NC and doesn't mind sharing, please post and let us know asap. Thanks

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#2 of 9 Old 09-09-2008, 01:14 AM

I'd be interested too!

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#3 of 9 Old 09-11-2008, 08:05 PM

There's apparently a case at Carrboro Elementary and they are asking kids who haven't been vaxed to stay home for two weeks ! Don't know who has it, but maybe there's a Carrboro contingent that's got the pox?
#4 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 07:47 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone know any more about this? So close and yet so far....
Chicken pox in Carrboro? Show me the way!

#5 of 9 Old 09-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liessa, i've heard this, too. Maybe post on CHDAP ?

Mamatreehugger.gif to two girl beans, Feb 2001hearts.gif and Nov 2003coolshine.gif . DH geek.gif, and two crazydog2.gifdog2.gif . Running on biodiesel since 2004!

"All you fascists are bound to lose" — Woody Guthrie
#6 of 9 Old 09-15-2008, 05:37 PM

we're interested too!
#7 of 9 Old 09-17-2008, 05:17 PM

We rec'd notice today that there have been two confirmed cases of chicken pox at our son's school (Woods Charter in Chatham Co near Chapel Hill). Anyone know how we can get some? (BTW, they're not making their unvaccinated kids stay home...)
#8 of 9 Old 09-17-2008, 10:17 PM - Thread Starter

Ack! It's out there! Who are these children and do they want to come play with us??? :LOL

That is very interesting/inconsistent about the rules making unvax'd kids stay home for 3 weeks. It's only the kids who would be vaxed with varicella after 2001, so the unvaxed 3rd graders can go to school and the 1st graders can't. Go figure. That's another topic though. I just want my kids to get the pox naturally, hence this post, maybe someone out there can figure out how we can get exposed.

THANKS!

#9 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 11:14 PM

I know we are nowhere near the triangle just yet, but I just thought I would share that when DS2 got the pox we weren't even looking for it. We still have no idea where he might have gotten it! We had a theory that maybe it was from a music together class he was in, but nobody there had had the virus. Maybe the library? We are always there and the windows are always shut. We were so shocked because we expected the big brother to come home with it! So I guess what I am saying is that if there is an outbreak somewhere- your little guys might just pick it up from anywhere. Maybe try the little playspaces in the museums. There are always kids crawling and spreading germs all over there and there are never any windows.

I'll be sending you some chicken pox wishes in the meantime! Good luck!

Mama to J and E .

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page