Generations OB/GYN in Knoxville? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-17-2008, 04:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone used this group? Any recommendations for which doc in the practice is most natural/minimally invasive/supportive?

“Millions of couples suffer from infertility, so why the censored.gif is everyone pregnant but me?”

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2008, 04:34 AM

I dont know about that group but there is a great birth center in knox. where I had my ds. It is called Lisa Ross Birth & Woman's Center. You can google the name and they have a web site if you are interested.

SAHMlady.gifread.giflovin' trekkie.giffan intactivist.gifwinner.jpg to loveeyes.gifenergy.gifDD 10/00 & superhero.gifmoon.gifDS 10/04 ribbonpb.gifIf your ds is intact, keep him safe, visit the Case Against Circ forumnocirc.gifCirc, a personal choice, Your sonsyes.gifbrokenheart.gif11/98brokenheart.gif6/99ribbonbrown.gifanti-tobaccoribbonyellow.gifThyroid cancer survivor. With cat.gif& goldfish.gif & (Boxer)dog2.gif wishing 4 whale.gif&ribbonwhite.gifsigncirc1.gifselectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gif

Old 09-17-2008, 04:40 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I know about Lisa Ross. I'd LOVE to go there, but I have some fertility issues that need to be evaluated. I was told that the LRBC would most likely decline me if/when I got pregnant, due to pre-existing hypertension and morbid obesity.

(Also, I work for Covenant, and for financial purposes, I'd like to stay within the network if at all possible.)

Thanks though!

“Millions of couples suffer from infertility, so why the censored.gif is everyone pregnant but me?”

Old 09-20-2008, 03:58 PM

I used Generations for about 3 years of gyn care and the delivery of DS. The doctor who I saw has since left the practice and only does gyn now, though.

Overall, I liked the practice. My doc was receptive of what ever I did or did not want to do. She also made sure to explain anything/everything to me. I have friends who have used Dr. O'Kelley (part of the group that practices at Parkwest), Dr. Cottam (have said that they would follow her wherever she goes), and I think Dr. McCullum. One of my friends had a successful med free birth at Ft. Sanders Regional with Dr. McCullum.

For this baby, I couldn't talk DH into using Lisa Ross and my work location changed making Ft. Sanders harder to get to. My previous doc recommended a practice at Parkwest and I've been happy with them. It is Contemporary Women's Health and my doctor is Ceeccy Yang. She has been so laid back with all my care. I decided not to do a lot of the testing, ultrasounds, etc and have received no flak from her. She has 4 kids and her last one was born in May. She had a natural birth herself for that one and she is completely supportive and understanding of what I want to happen.

Hope that helps. I'll be having this baby at Parkwest sometime in the next 3-4 weeks and can let you know how that goes, too.

User Tag List