Pediatrician rec in Raleigh? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 08:16 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't post very often, but I am not sure how to go about locating an AP friendly ped in Raleigh. We are expecting our first baby in 9 weeks and the midwives are on us about finding someone.

Do you have someone you really like?

Thanks!
#2 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 10:05 PM

Dr. Ramsdell in Apex.

She is amazing!!!

We drive from Clayton to Apex just to see her (~50 min). She is the only Dr and has a small, wonderful office.

Never a problem getting in and VERY AP friendly :

Mariah
Mommy to Lily & Kane and we're homeschooling joy.gif
#3 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 10:08 PM

We use Sunrise Pediatrics in Raleigh (very close to the NC Museum of Art). I wouldn't say they're all about AP, I imagine most people who go there are pretty mainstream, but we've been seeing Dr. Fennell for almost 5 yrs and really like him. He's very supportive of everything I do and I'd have to say I'm pretty AP. They also have a lactation consultant on staff though I have never needed to use her.

Mom of (11/27/03) and (9/29/06).
#4 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 11:19 PM

A lot of AP people go to Dr. Jeffries at North Raleigh Family Medicine. Pro-BF, not in favor of weaning to cow's milk, ok with delayed vax (or no vax if you want), and just a generally nice person.

DH & I are also his patients. DH sees an herbalist as well and he has never had to hide that from Jeffries who is always supportive of what diet/herbal stuff he is doing (other docs have thought that was stupid or a waste). He has really nice nurses and a nurse practioner as his practice partner.

We started at Ramsdell but didn't think the drive was worth it. I got a much better vibe at Jeffries.
#5 of 9 Old 09-21-2008, 11:33 PM

Ooooh good to know about a family practice there! We have only been to family practice doctors here and we love that we all see the same doctor. Thanks for the rec- even though I wasn't the one asking!

Mama to J and E .
#6 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 09:17 AM

sweet pea, if you are going to live in Chapel Hill, Jeffries is nowhere near you

But I know that CH has family practice places as well! I think some people have even delivered babies with UNC Family Practice.
#7 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattykay View Post
A lot of AP people go to Dr. Jeffries at North Raleigh Family Medicine. Pro-BF, not in favor of weaning to cow's milk, ok with delayed vax (or no vax if you want), and just a generally nice person.

DH & I are also his patients. DH sees an herbalist as well and he has never had to hide that from Jeffries who is always supportive of what diet/herbal stuff he is doing (other docs have thought that was stupid or a waste). He has really nice nurses and a nurse practioner as his practice partner.

We started at Ramsdell but didn't think the drive was worth it. I got a much better vibe at Jeffries.
I checked him out, but he isn't taking new patients unless they are over 5 years old. I will try the person in Apex - thanks!
#8 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 12:10 PM

oh total bummer!! then i would also consider Growing Child Peds at Brier Creek. I have heard they are AP supportive through the grape vine, but don't have any personal experience.
#9 of 9 Old 09-22-2008, 06:16 PM

I just started with Dr. Cindy Young at Cary Healthcare Associates. She is a family practice dr and posts on MDC regularly. I really like her!

Jamie, DW to Jeff, birth and postpartum doula and Hypnobabies instructor.
4 years and 5 IVF cycles in the making, Elliott was born at home in water on 2/2/11.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page