Travelling NC/TN - need help with rest stops... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-29-2008, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are the places we are planning on stopping. I would love ideas for parks and/or nice areas we can stop to stretch, eat, go bathroom, etc...

We will be driving from the Greenville, SC area up through Asheville, then Knoxville, the Cookeville (will be stopping at a friend's house), then to Nashville.

We will need something not too far from the highway, where we can park for 30-45 minutes. Let the kids play a bit, eat, nurse babies, etc....

Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated! :

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2008, 05:26 PM

I have had luck just figuring out about how far we wanted to drive before stopping, and then looking at google maps to figure out what town we'd be near then. Then I search online for nearby parks, and that's where we stop (with a picnic lunch)

Zoe, mama to one "rough and tough" dude (8/02/06) and one new sweet pie (4/11/10)
Old 09-29-2008, 05:48 PM

I found a great book a few years ago at a Cracker Barrel. It's called The Next Exit. It has all the interstate hwys in the US sorted by state and direction of travel. It lists the exits by their number and shows rest areas, restaurants, gas stations, hotels, campgrounds, etc at each exit. Mine doesn't cover US or state hwys. Just Interstate hwys. But my book is about 4 years old. I'm sure they've updated it. Maybe now it includes those things, too. Hope you have a great trip.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08

User Tag List