Travelling NC/TN - need help with rest stops... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-28-2008, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
These are the places we are planning on stopping. I would love ideas for parks and/or nice areas we can stop to stretch, eat, go bathroom, etc...

We will be driving from the Greenville, SC area up through Asheville, then Knoxville, the Cookeville (will be stopping at a friend's house), then to Nashville.

We will need something not too far from the highway, where we can park for 30-45 minutes. Let the kids play a bit, eat, nurse babies, etc....

Any reccomendations are greatly appreciated! :

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#2 of 3 Old 09-29-2008, 04:26 PM

I have had luck just figuring out about how far we wanted to drive before stopping, and then looking at google maps to figure out what town we'd be near then. Then I search online for nearby parks, and that's where we stop (with a picnic lunch)

Zoe, mama to one "rough and tough" dude (8/02/06) and one new sweet pie (4/11/10)
#3 of 3 Old 09-29-2008, 04:48 PM

I found a great book a few years ago at a Cracker Barrel. It's called The Next Exit. It has all the interstate hwys in the US sorted by state and direction of travel. It lists the exits by their number and shows rest areas, restaurants, gas stations, hotels, campgrounds, etc at each exit. Mine doesn't cover US or state hwys. Just Interstate hwys. But my book is about 4 years old. I'm sure they've updated it. Maybe now it includes those things, too. Hope you have a great trip.

mom to 2 wonderful girls born 11/05 and 10/08

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page