Hi. I know it's a little late, but I just saw your post. I just got a list emailed to me from ICAN of Richmond. Here are the providers (some mw, some OB) they gave me. Obviously, your sis won't be VBAC, but VBAC-friendly providers are often natural-friendly also. The Homebirth Midwives listed do births all over the Hampton Roads area. Congrats, auntie!!
1. Obstetrics and Gynecology Associates of Hampton. They are a great
group of docs and have been very supportive of women in the past.
2. Drs. Hughes, Dixon, and Wolcott: Support the DePaul Midwifery
Center. I don't think VBAC women qualify for the Center, but they may support her desire for a VBAC. 757-451-0929.
3. Dr. John Lee: a solo practitioner, and a little bit of a maverick.
Definitely believes in natural childbirth. 757-547-8108.
4. Also, as a last resort, she may want to try the perinatologists at
Eastern Virginia Medical School. Not the best scenario, but they have so much
technology at their hands that they are more willing to "go to the
edge" as it were. They have been very supportive of home birth clients that I
have referred to them. Their number is 757-446 7900.
5. Virginia Homebirth Midwifery
Jenny Rector, CPM- home birth
6. Seven Cities Midwifery Care- home birth
Terri Hewitt, CPM
Jenny Derugen, CPM
1. Lois Hancock, CNM. (757) 838-7277
Diane Thomas, CNM- she and back up doc are more medical. (757) 874-2790
3. Williamsburg Woman Care- 6 women doctors. 3 are great, other 3 more conservative.