Blacksburg/Roanoke VA mamas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-09-2009, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, folks - my brother and SIL are moving to Blacksburg this week, she is pretty crunchy and is staying at home with her now 5 month old DS. she's pretty crunchy, EC'ing, BF'ing BW'ing co-sleeping mama, i'd love to hook her up with some other local crunchy mamas! is there a LLL? API? FNL/FCL? babywearing group? diaper-free-baby group?

spam me! of if you're just in the area and want to hook up, feel free to PM me with your email or something
#2 of 5 Old 08-13-2009, 08:57 AM

tell her to join the wellreounded moms group on yahoo Wellroundedmoms@yahoogroups.com she will meet alot of crunchy moms there.
Lynda

www.jennifersclothdiaperboutique.com GroBaby,bumGenius,Fuzzibunz,Mommy's,Touch,Thirstie s,Drybees&Wahmies,Rocky Mountain,Gro Baby use "MDC" for 5% off FREE shipping on orders $49 and up US only
#3 of 5 Old 08-14-2009, 12:14 PM

I needed to do a test e-mail sorry guys : )
Lynda
#4 of 5 Old 09-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiepunk View Post
Hi, folks - my brother and SIL are moving to Blacksburg this week, she is pretty crunchy and is staying at home with her now 5 month old DS. she's pretty crunchy, EC'ing, BF'ing BW'ing co-sleeping mama, i'd love to hook her up with some other local crunchy mamas! is there a LLL? API? FNL/FCL? babywearing group? diaper-free-baby group?

spam me! of if you're just in the area and want to hook up, feel free to PM me with your email or something
Hello. I'm in Blacksburg, so I'd like to give you the info your seeking, but I really am not a joiner, so I haven't checked out the resources your seeking. We do have a LLL, they used to meet at the library, but I'm not sure where they are now. I had no problems BF'ing (and still BF with my 3 yo), so I never checked them out. I've heard good things about them, though. I don't think we have API and I don't know anything about FNL/FCL. I also don't know of any babywearing or diaper-free groups. I suppose that if I had gone to LLL I would have tapped into groups like that more.
We do have 2 great natural foods stores, Eats & Annie Kays, and they both have lots of messages on the boards there about various groups. And you'll meet lots of like minded folks at the farmer's market, downtown on Wednesdays & Saturdays and the fresh food days at the YMCA. We have a good CSA and an active co-housing community.
If there is any other info that I can provide, let me know, by e-mail is best as I haven't been on MDC too much lately. I work from home & have 2 preschoolers, so I can set my own schedule, but I try to return e-mails promptly.
#5 of 5 Old 09-24-2009, 12:01 PM

I'm from B-burg too. We do have a LLL that meets twice a month at Blacksburg Christian Church. I don't know about the other groups though - haven't heard of them being around, doesn't mean they aren't here though
I'm also a pretty crunchy SAHM to a 14 month old, so if B&SIL want to email me with any questions, they can feel free. I'm pretty quick to respond.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page