VA Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 68 Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Richmonders... weather is cooling down... anyone want to do a play group?

Kelly (28), in love with husband Jason (38) and our awesome babies:  Emma 4/09, and Ozzy 8/10

#62 of 68 Old 10-22-2010, 10:09 AM

ashburn area - AP mama to 6 month old girl
#63 of 68 Old 10-26-2010, 12:43 PM

Woodbridge!! Homeschooling mama of 2.

treehugger.gifhippie.gifhomeschool.gifnamaste.gifnovaxnocirc.gifcrochetsmilie.gifblahblah.gifenergy.gifgoorganic.jpggd.gifteapot2.GIFbftoddler.giffamilybed2.gif

#64 of 68 Old 11-22-2010, 04:07 AM

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!

#65 of 68 Old 11-22-2010, 07:40 AM

just moved to Alexandria!

homeschooling mom to coco (9/2006)

baby house to a new little (1/2015)
treehugger.gif nocirc.gif familybed1.gif cat.gif

#66 of 68 Old 11-28-2010, 09:23 AM

I don't know if I've posted on here, but I'm a momma in Arlington, and we've got a 4 year dd who's been basically unschooling since she was born, heh. She's going to be 5 in January! We nursed until she was 4 years 3 months. :) Just had to say that, since I've never actually told anyone. :p Anyway, I grew up in Seattle, and I've been in Alexandria, then Arlington, then Mclean, and now Arlington again in the past 10 years. My dh was born here and we've been planning to get back to the PNW forever. Someday we will. For now I shall quit fighting Va. :p I swear, practically every mom I've met that I liked I ask if they've ever been here or read Mothering magazine, and the answer is always, "Um, no?" Disappointing. :/ :p I'd love to have an MDC mom friend around here! There are lots of homeschoolers around, but it seems like the tons who get together are all in Fairfax, and I don't drive, so... Anyway, that's all I have to say about that. :D 

ETA: Oh! Just wanted to add that we just went to the REI in Bailey's and they were selling Ergos there! How cool is that? :^D There was one on display (like a mannequin mom/baby thing) and I was like, uh, what is an Ergo doing on display in real life? And then I saw all the boxes and boxes of Ergo accessories, too. Pretty sweet. I had lots of different carriers, but our Ergo was the one that got the most use as dd got older. The first one we wore out but good, and got a second one, ha. Used it till she was 3 1/2 and 35 lbs or so. I couldn't do it anymore only because she finally got just way too big for it! Now with no carrying her around or nursing I have to keep myself in shape, all by, you know, myself. :^p 

"Waking up this morning, I smile. Twenty-four brand new hours are before me. I vow to live fully in each moment and to look at all beings with eyes of compassion."-Thich Nhat Hanh 
#67 of 68 Old 11-28-2010, 06:33 PM

I don't know anyone up here who reads mothering or anything!  I seriously feel super alone!  We unschool as well, my son is 4, we should get together :)

homeschooling mom to coco (9/2006)

baby house to a new little (1/2015)
treehugger.gif nocirc.gif familybed1.gif cat.gif

#68 of 68 Old 11-30-2010, 05:57 AM

Harrisonburg!

Mama to Silas Anansi, born 9/9/10 and Petra Eadaion, born 10/1/12.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page