Desperately need Mother's Helper for my sister in Powhatan VA - any contacts? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-12-2010, 04:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey, I haven't been on here in FORever since my kids are getting older, but this is the first place I'd turn to if I were in need and I really need help for my sister!!!

She has a 16 mo old ds who is very very attached, and at only 7 wks pg she is having bleeding and they've discovered a small subchorionic hemorrhage and has been told she can't lift anything larger than a gallon of milk. My sweet nephew isn't going to handle that too well, and neither is my sister - so if her midwife and doctor think the pregnancy is still viable and prescribe taking it easy, we'll be needing someone to help her on a regular basis for a while... if you know of any resources that will help us, please PLEASE let me know!!!!

Thank you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2010, 03:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not in her area, but it may help to ask around to local churches with youth groups, or scouting groups in the area. There may be some teenagers who would be glad to help! Another idea is to possibly contact a postpartum doula - it's a bit out of the normal range of care, but they may be willing to help or find someone who can.

Good vibes to your sister on her pregnancy!!

Mama to our nose-in-a-book Autumn (6) & our old soul Molly (4)
Imaginative, fun jewelry & photography Shenandoah Sunshine

User Tag List