Charlottesville moms - Pediatrician recommendation - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2010, 04:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
First time mom-to-be here. Trying to find a pediatrician who is willing and open to do a modified vaccine schedule for my child in the Charlottesville area. Any suggestions are welcome!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 01:40 PM

Dr. Gelburd is supposed to be really great. My stepkids use Pediatrics Associates and while some of the docs are not as open to modified vaccine schedules, there are some there that are, like Dr. Balaban and I really like that they are open until 10 PM M-S for urgent visits and until 8 PM on Sundays for urgent visits as well. I also like the docs at Family Medicine of Albemarle.

Annie wife v2.0 to DH and joyfully parenting DSS 18 jog.gif, DSD 15 knit.gif, DSD 14 banana.gif, DSS 12bikenew.gifand heart hero DD 2superhero.gif. angel1.gif 8/2010

Old 04-28-2010, 12:22 AM

Gelburd is the way to go! He's great! Heard nothing but wonderful things about him!

He has the only practicing midwife in the Charlottesville area in his office.

Good luck!!

Kiera - Loving Wife and Mother of DD (6), DS (5) and DS (3)
Old 04-28-2010, 10:23 PM

Mark Niehaus at Albemarle Square Family Healthcare
Old 04-28-2010, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Dr. Gelburd is supposed to be really great. My stepkids use Pediatrics Associates and while some of the docs are not as open to modified vaccine schedules, there are some there that are, like Dr. Balaban and I really like that they are open until 10 PM M-S for urgent visits and until 8 PM on Sundays for urgent visits as well. I also like the docs at Family Medicine of Albemarle.
We use Pediatric Associates, too. Our doc is Dr. Perriello, although we saw Balaban last time since Dr. P was on maternity leave. They have been very good about our vaccine requests-- I wanted to do the spaced-out schedule so that DS wouldn't be getting so many at once.

Mara, mama to two boys born 05/2009 and 04/2011, after four miscarriages. 

Also: chicken3.gif  dog2.gif

Old 04-28-2010, 10:38 PM

Dr. Jim Ogan generally does a modified/delayed vaccination and as long as you're informed he's ok to go with whatever vax schedule (or no vax) that you prefer. He also does housecalls for sick kids and the first few newborn visits. He only takes so many newborns per birth month, so if you're interested in him you should call ASAP.

Steph, Mama to Alex (04/08) We :::
Old 05-04-2010, 04:54 PM

If Dr. Gelburd is the one at Downtown Family Healthcare (I'm pretty sure that's him ) then I'm gonna jump on that bandwagon. That's where my whole family goes, though we see Ashley Renick and love her!

Old 05-14-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicmamma View Post
If Dr. Gelburd is the one at Downtown Family Healthcare (I'm pretty sure that's him ) then I'm gonna jump on that bandwagon. That's where my whole family goes, though we see Ashley Renick and love her!

I'm a little late, but I wanted to join in the DFHC love! Dr. Gelburd is DD's usual doctor, and we really like him (re: vax, he specifically asked what we wanted to do, as opposed to telling us the way he did it, and then us having to counter). Then we've seen Ashley the last couple times we've gone, and I *really* liked her, too, though I don't know how she handles vax specifically.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:03 AM

I actually prefer Ashley over Gelburd And, for a correction, his MW does not deliver - the only MW left in C'ville that does hospital births is Donna Vinal with Dr. Wolanski.

User Tag List