Considering a HB in the Louisville area. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-30-2010, 02:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm considering a homebirth (just found out that I'm pregnant again) and live near Louisville. Any MDC Mamas with MW recommendations? I know they practice under the radar around here and I'm not finding much information. It seems like there are two, Juliet Dietsch and Jennifer Woodmansee. Anyone care to share their experience with them??? Feel free to PM me. This would be my first HB, but my 3rd baby. Thanks!!
#2 of 4 Old 06-15-2010, 02:06 AM

You can check out Birth Care Network, which has an extensive list of doulas, midwifes, etc. You may also want to join the Louisville AP Yahoo group as well. I don't have homebirth under my belt, but a lot of ladies in these groups will be able to help you.

Catholic homeschooling mom of 5 - a teenager, a kindergartener, twin boys and a tiny princess. Follow the Adventures! 

#3 of 4 Old 07-08-2010, 02:25 PM

I'm planning my 2nd homebirth and seeing Juliet/Jennifer.

My HBAC birth story is shared here: http://icanoflouisville.wordpress.co...25/erins-hbac/

I'd be happy to answer any specific questions you have. I really love my midwives.

I 2nd the suggestion of checking Birth Care Network out. Check out ICAN of Louisville too (it's not just for cesarean moms)
#4 of 4 Old 10-10-2010, 03:22 PM

I know this thread hasn't been active for a few months, but I'd be curious to know what you learned about the under-the-radar midwives around Louisville. Like you, I have found the two that have websites, and I have been told there are others if you know who to ask. I assume the Birth Care Network members can point you in the right direction, but you just have to ask in person as its not blatantly on the website. Grrr for KY laws.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page