NOVA help!! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-16-2010, 10:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I am looking for opinions. We are moving to NOVA August 1 and need to know areas to seek out and areas to avoid. I have two sets of twins. 14 year olds will be in High School and 5 year olds will be in kindergarten. I'm leaning in the areas of Fairfax City, Oakton, Centreville, Chantilly, Reston Herndon. My 14 year old son is visualy impaired and we are wanting to be urban and close to public transportation. We are also looking to rent fwiw.
Looking forward to lots of responses!
Kandace
#2 of 5 Old 06-17-2010, 12:10 AM

We moved out to Northern VA this past fall. We are renting, and actually came out here without a place to live lined up. We had great luck with Craigslist! We wanted to be within walking distance to a metro stop as my partner works in DC. We looked around the Falls Church and Vienna area. But ended up renting in the Springfield area.

Good luck with your search!!
#3 of 5 Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks!! I've checked Craigslist but it's been a week or so. I'm off to check again! I know there are a WHOLE LOT MORE opinions out there. I want to be near public transportation and want good high schools and elementary school and all within about 15 miles from Dulles Airport. Do I want too much???
#4 of 5 Old 06-17-2010, 01:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks again
#5 of 5 Old 06-24-2010, 02:02 PM

If you want to be walking distance from a metro, then Vienna may be a good choice if you would like to rent a townhouse or the like. Very good schools, good public transportation within easy commute to Dulles, and pleasant surroundings. There are also surrounding areas of Fairfax that may fit the bill. Also, Reston and Herndon are both very close to Dulles, have good public transportation (buses, with a metro planned in the next few years), and great schools.

Good luck in your search - NOVA is a great place to live with kids, with tons of parks and other outdoor areas, good infrastructure and nice neighborhoods.

Apparently doing it rong and ruining it for everyone, but I don't give a crap anymorebanana.gif

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page