Where are my Fredericksburg, VA mamas! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-01-2010, 05:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! I am new to the area and need some friends! I need to know everything, from best schools to where to get a good cup of coffee and everything in between.

A little about me, I am a veggie mom to 2 great kids. Going through a divorce (LOL, i get to divulge that here rather than have the awkward "What does your husband do?" conversation face to face!! :-) )

Tell me a good church (one with lots of parishioner activities!) Any place to rent kayaks or canoes? Outdoor clubs? Vegetarian Clubs? Single parent Goups?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2010, 03:32 PM

We're in Spotsy, but close enough. Schools are pretty good, Chancellor district seems to be the best of the newer districts, but my two are still too young for that. Canoes and Kayaks? Try Clore brothers on River Road, there is a boat launch right next door to them, or http://www.playva.com/1stpage.htm Virginia outdoor center.

Fredericksburg Parent and Family Magazine is a good resource for churches, and parent groups. http://www.fredericksburgparent.net/

Welcome!

Mom to two lovely girls, 4 and 3. SAHW/M in need of sleep.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks!!
Old 04-07-2011, 05:40 PM

hi,

my name is unita. i am a veg homesteading mom and lives in spotsylavania. i just saw your old post while searching veg archives. have visited the veg society group. we meet every month on the 1st saturday at uu fredericksburg off of rt. 3. i have two dd's and one on the way. I am not UU , but hang out there. I am member of St. Patricks...catholic parish...if you would like to meet up or visit the veg group you many contact me easier at [email protected]...i am much easier to reach that...i do not do well staying connected on these gynormous forums....hope you have settled into the area well...NAMASTE...

p.s. I also run a organic and natural whole foods bulk buying club out of my home through frank ferd farms...www.frankferd.com

User Tag List