Bowling Green KY?? HELP! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 13 Old 08-25-2010, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey mamas, I am hoping to connect with some of you from the Bowling Green area! My husband just got a job there and we will be moving from Denver, Co. in the middle of September. I have a homeopathic Ped. here who is A-Okay with our non vax beliefs for my 10 month old son. From what I have researched that seems to be a difficult thing to come across in Bowling Green and I am hoping someone has a reccomendation for me! Do any of you go to a ped in Nashville? Also!! Would anyone be interested in a play group?? I am desperate to meet some like minded families Anything else I should know about Bowling Green? Fill me in!
#2 of 13 Old 08-29-2010, 02:46 AM

I don't have any answers to your questions, but I just wanted to say "Welcome!". We live an hour north of Bowling Green. The ped that my kids see in Elizabethtown has never asked us about vaccinations, and we just haven't brought it up.

We've been down to Bowling Green a few times just for fun. There is a good Thai restaurant close to the Mall that my kids love.
#3 of 13 Old 08-29-2010, 01:17 PM

Like PP, I dont have a lot of answers for you. I live about an hour and a half north of BG, but I would think you could hit up a few of the coffee shops and post something on their corkboards about starting a playgroup. Welcome to Kentucky!

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#4 of 13 Old 08-30-2010, 12:09 AM

I just wanted to say hello! I'm a bgky transplant from DFW. It's quite the culture shock IMO. (Of course I'm not the best about getting out there and meeting people)

Amanda
Mom to Reya (13) and Little baby Lila 9/22

http://arealwomanssweatjournal.blogspot.com

#5 of 13 Old 09-05-2010, 06:26 PM

I've lived in Bowling Green my entire life. I'm happy to answer any questions you have. My children see Dr. Debra Sowell at Graves Gilbert Clinic. She is pro-vax, but has NEVER hassled me about my delayed and selective vax schedule.
#6 of 13 Old 09-14-2010, 09:20 PM

We live about an hour and a half west of B.G., but I'm a WKU grad, so I have spent quite a bit of time there. My farmer meets in B.G. every other Friday. They are great people and have wonderful, real food! They live outside *******, so it's fairly close.
Here's a link to their site:
http://willowhills.org/
No, I don't benefit financially from recommending them. It just think they are the best!
I wish I lived closer to them.

I also know of a great doula in the area, if you're interested. As well as a midwife not far away in TN.
#7 of 13 Old 10-09-2010, 06:05 PM

Hello
My name is Michelle Howell and I am in Bowling Green. I have a great pediatrician who has always supported us in limited vax'ing, homeschooling, cloth diapering, homebirthing...

I have also started a community organization called Knitted Together. We will be providing networking opportunities as well as childbirth classes, doula services, natural parenting...

www.knittedtogether.org
#8 of 13 Old 12-19-2010, 06:39 PM

Hello!

My suggestion would be to look for a ped in Nashville. I haven't had any luck here in Bowling Green. I moved to BG last year and it was a bit of a culture shock for me as we lived in the midwest for a while. Welcome to the community and let me know if you would like any suggestions on fun baby/toddler activities.

#9 of 13 Old 01-06-2011, 09:30 AM

We are hoping to move to this area (applying for jobs, so we'll see) so I just thought I'd chime in to say I love reading this and would be happy to hear more about alternative-ish sorts of things in the Bowling Green (and Elizabethtown) region. Or Nashville for that matter, especially midwives. Thanks!

#10 of 13 Old 05-06-2013, 11:29 AM

We now live here. Dr. Fraser is not a particularly alternative doctor, be he is known as the go-to doctor in Bowling Green that will not hassle people about not vaccinating. Dr. Kalb is in Franklin (a bit south of Nashville) and is known as an alternative doctor who does not push vaccinations. That said, I do not think he is taking new patients at the time. I'd welcome others posting on here about good experiences they've had with doctors in the area who will take families who do not vaccinate and will not bother them about it. I'd also welcome suggestions of more alternative doctors. As this point we are open to driving to Clarksville or Nashville. Or anywhere in between.

#11 of 13 Old 05-17-2013, 11:00 AM

You might try this Facebook group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/123488504345004/  Its called BabyNet KY and is for this region of KY.

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

#12 of 13 Old 07-21-2013, 03:48 PM

I have lived around bowling green and currently living in bowling green ! So any questions I will be more than happy to help in anyway!
#13 of 13 Old 08-01-2013, 02:31 PM

ICAN of Bowling Green is having a home birth panel and discussion tonight.  Sorry for posting so late:

https://www.facebook.com/events/168454769994004/

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page