Mothering Forum banner

Evaluation by Dr. Mumpher/Rimland Center?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  EthansMom 
#1 ·
I would love some reviews...insight on how she goes about doing her evaluations for autism. We're looking at having her evaluate our 2.5 year old son who has a speech delay and some signs of Autism. Thanks!

We're also wondering how any of you may have gone about getting insurance to pay for the labs ect done during the evaluation, as they've told us they don't taken insurance for the evaluation.

#2 ·
blessed,

Me again. We are going through something similar with our oldest whose 10. The Rimland center doesnt take insurance and yo uhave to look into your insurance comapany and the posibility of getting coverage for an OO network facility. THen you pay oo pocket and wait for reimbursment if there is any. They charge 400 an hour with the eval being 3 or more hours!! My hubby and I feel its better to get the eval done through a Psychologist and then go from there. We have him in counseling, and are on the fence about getting any real diagnosis right now. We homeschool and dont really t hink the diagnosis would help him in the schooling areas. Meaning we dont think they would think he needed any therapy like speech..etc. We do have the option of going through the school system even though we homeschool, but its a long process. You may want to call the school system in your area and find out what they do for younger kids.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.