Looking for an obgyn in Lexington Ky - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-06-2011, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi I'm looking for a good obgyn in Lexington. I don't think my insurance will cover a midwife and I'm kind of higher risk anyway since my first was born early. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Anyone know anything about Jeane O'nan or Miriam Marcum?

Thanks Mamas!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-14-2011, 01:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't precisely answer your question, but here is Baby Moon's list of midwives:

http://www.baby-moon.org/birthresources.html#midwives

I am not certain, but in the state of KY your insurance company may be required to let you use a Certified Nurse Midwife- even Medicaid in KY covers them.  Also, in most of those practices there are doctors and midwives, and you would see them both.  They are much more qualified to 'risk you out' of midwife care than you are.  Katie Isaacs in Frankfort/Versailles is great, I can't speak personally about the others.  Also, in most of these practices, you can get most of your care from the midwife, the doctors see you too, and if there is a problem at the time of birth then they call in the doctor on call.  The link also mentions that there are family practice doctors in Lex. who are much more amenable to natural or drug free birth plans.

#3 of 3 Old 04-23-2011, 04:10 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I saw Katie Isaacs for back up care and she was good. If you can't go the CPM route, I definitely would recommend Katie.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page