childcare or daycare or preschool in Bowling Green Kentucky? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-24-2011, 10:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

We are looking for childcare in Bowling Green, mostly full time although there is a little flexibility about a four day week rather than five, and hours. Our priority is that it is a good fit for us - so hard to tell not being from the area. Our son is currently in a Waldorf daycare on a little farm in the country which we love (we haven't moved yet). We'll be visiting mid-May to make visits to possible daycares. We would consider a home-based daycare as well if it is well established. Priorities are that it is not a school-like environment, but play focused, flexible, gentle, no punishments (i.e. no time outs, etc.) and of course as alternative/crunchy as possible, although we aren't holding our breath on an ideal fit. We just want a place that is gentle, loving, playful, low-key, safe, low media (i.e. not lots of tv or computers) and at least understanding of our approach to child raising (vegetarian, no vax, cloth diaper, etc.) although supportive would be nice too.

Thanks for any leads, suggestions or even just comments on "what you have heard." We are starting from scratch so any ideas would be helpful.

Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 04-24-2011, 12:37 PM

I used to live in the area and I can't recall there being anything very crunchy. (I ended up staying home at the time).  There are a few Montessori Schools that might be good if you like that philosophy..

Denise, Mama to DS1 (7) and DD1 (5) and new baby due June 2012!

#3 of 3 Old 07-11-2011, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

Just a follow up that we have moved to Bowling Green and are at the Plum Tree Montessori school and very happy with it. We also talked with another Montessori in the area that seemed like a nice fit, but they didn't have any slots so we didn't have to make a decision. For those interested, there is a group around here called BabyNet (you can find them on facebook and at http://www.babynetky.com/) that seems to be the go-to group for more natural or alternative approaches to parenting and birth.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page