Moving to VA (Chesapeake) and don't know how to find a ped! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-20-2011, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so stressed about this. Our kids haven't been to a dr in 8 months (our almost-1-year-old, longer for the older 2) due to moving and being in limbo while DH has been graduating from chiropractic school/taking Boards/looking for a job. Our pediatrician in Iowa was awesome and never gave us a hard time when we stopped vaxing, but reading everyone's experiences, I know we were just lucky. Does anyone have any recommendations in the Chesapeake/VA Beach/Hampton roads area? Also complicated because we will probably be on Medicaid the first year or so, so they would have to accept that. Any ideas? Thanks!

Sara

P.S. Doesn't have to be a pediatrician; a family dr would be great too!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2011, 08:55 PM

I live in VB and I went to a pediatrician (Dr.Stephens) who thought I was crazy for wanting to spread out and do alternative vaccinations.  I was crying telling her I just thought it was too much at once. She pretty much told me I was crazy and HAD to get them.  I am such a strong willed person and i dont know why i let her walk ALL OVER ME.  I was soo upset.  

Needless to say, I found a family doctor whom i absolutely love.  Dr Eric Madren. He is in Virginia Beach off of Princess Anne and Dam Neck Road.  He is amazing and I highly recommend him.  

Old 05-28-2011, 08:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice! That's one to avoid and one to look up!

Old 05-28-2011, 06:55 PM

I can't say enough good things about Dr. Madren. He has been very supportive. I believe he is currently taking new patients. Hope you connect with the right doctor for your child and your family needs. Welcome to the area :)

User Tag List