I was wondering if anyone can suggest a vaccine friendly doctor in the Hampton Roads area?
I am desperately searching for a pediatrician to accept my daughter. She is a month old and we are non-vaxing. I have searched high and low for a doctor that will work with me on this and so far everyone I have found will not take her into the practice without sticking to the Academy of Pediatrics schedule. I have tried Peninsula Pediatrics, Newport News Pediatrics, and the Childrens Clinic kicked us out after her two week visit since we would not give her the Hep B vaccine. I am needing your help! I called Dr. Madren's office even though I am in Newport News and would have to trek to VA Beach to see him, and the earliest appointments he has available aren't until next year! I guess she really doesn't need to go to Well Child visits as they are pretty much just weight, length, and vaccine appointments and I could track her weight and length myself if I could find a baby scale but I want to have somewhere to take her in case she needs to be seen unexpectedly. Any recommendations of doctors you know of would help. Thanks!!
Here is a streamlined resource for FINDING a Vaccine Choice Open Minded Doctor in your area!
1) you can google search for VAX Friendly Doctor plus your city name.
2) ONLINE resources numbered 1-7. Right click on each and open in new tab or window, go through systematically for your state.
2) Cafemom Vax Friendly Doctor List
or here http://www.cafemom.com/group/4388/fo...List_Directory
3) http://vaclib.org/basic/health/novaxdoctors.htm 4) http://vaxtruth.org/anti-vaccine-friendly-doctors/
7) HOLISTIC PEDIATRIC ASSOCIATION has a search function
7) http://www.mothering.com/forum/index.php search for vaccine, vax friendly doctor etc and your city name or county
3) GENERAL RULE: If you don't find a Dr. in your area that your insurance covers, etc. and are forced to choose somebody else, the general rule is don't choose a Pediatrician. Instead, just a regular family doctor MD, Chiropractor, a N.D. Naturopathic Doctor, Homeopath). All are all a better bet than a "Pediatrician". In some cases, a Midwife may assess your baby for growth and development and general health as well. In general Dr's who see adults are used to their patients most of whom are without "proper" boosters, and they're not all falling over dead from pertussis or whatever, KWIM? If your child has no special diagnosis, no special pediatric issues to be followed closely, then a general developmental checkup by any licenced practitioner is enough. (Or you can avoid Dr's entirely and learn yourself to check hips, chart height and weight, etc. No need for all these Dr. Visits - they are training sessions to get you used to vaccinating and running to the Dr. for minor stuff IMO)
Liora. Best way to reach me is FACEBOOK, search for "LioraP2". Jewish and Frum In Beijing, Mom of Three (mother of 3: #1 was vaccine injured at age 2m later dx with PDD-NOS, healed in 3 years with biomed. #2 unvaxed and healthy boy. #3 unvaxed amazing girl with Down syndrome using Targeted Nutritional Intervention (TNI) since infancy)
Contact your delegates! (Not your senators at this point.) Tell them you are opposed to bill # HB1342 when you call your delegates' offices. They all have facebook and twitter accounts too, so you can communicate with them that way as well.
For more info, go to the National Vaccine Information Center website.
A similar bill passed in California this year but other similar bills failed in a number of other states. Let your delegates know this bill is not wanted in Virginia!!
|20 members and 10,568 guests|
|Bow , Carrie L. Stevens , Chiara Muller 553 , Deborah , emmy526 , hillymum , judybean , KimberlyTheMom , kindlive81 , Lydia08 , MamadeRumi , mckittre , Michele123 , Paula Hernando , PeaceLoveandLucy , RollerCoasterMama , StarsFall , Turquesa|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|