Mothering Forum banner

Seeking Alternate Vaccination Schedule Pediatrician in Lexington, KY

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Ohheyjude 
#1 ·
I'm new, recently moved to Lexington, and I'm going to be a first time mommy soon.

My husband and I are trying to find a pediatrician who is willing to allow us to slightly slow down the vaccine schedule and is hopefully part of the UK HMO system.

Any recommendations?

#3 ·
Not in the UK HMO, but I LOVE my family doctor. Her name is Clair Palley, (859) 263-1280 120 N. Eagle Creek Dr. Suite 104
Lexington, KY 40509

She is vaccine friendly, very supportive of parental decisions and fantastic with children. I've been talking my daughter since her first dr. visit after a home birth.

#5 ·
Thanks ladies.

I wanted to post an update in case any other mommies are looking for the same thing.

My husband and I decided on a UK Family Medicine (located at 740 S Limestone) doctor for our daughter instead of a pediatrician. Dr. Keisa Bennett and her team are open to slowing down the vaccination schedule.

It's not always easy to get an appointment with Dr. Bennett (you may have to see a member of her team) but she has a great team and it's worth it. Plus, my daughter is receiving great care and I'm not given a hard time for my choices. She is up to date on her shots, only receives 2-3 shots at a time, and has consequently not had any adverse reactions to the vaccines.

I highly recommend any UK HMO mommies in the same situation consider checking out UK Family Medicine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.