Mothering Forum banner

Crunchy pediatricians in Louisville?

4K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Treece 
#1 ·
I'm as-yet uncertain where I stand on the vax issue, but let's assume I'm going to go with delayed vaccinations. I will also need a ped who is knowledgeable about intact boys so I do not have to hover and/or assault a doctor for retracting my soon-to-be-born son, LOL.

I've browsed the threads in the history but it looks like there hasn't been any update in the past year, at which point all the docs suggested apparently changed their policies to be significantly less understanding about alternative vax schedules. So I was wondering if there have been any significant changes in the pediatrician recommendations in the area? So far, Dr. Laura White and Dr. Sheila Guelda appear to be my best bets, and I was hoping for some more options in case they are booked solid!

Thanks in advance. =)

#2 ·
Those are the two I was going to suggest, and I know Dr. White has openings. That is who we see, and she is awesome. Im due with a DS in early feb, and I have already discussed retraction with her and she has assured me that she is totally hands off. We do selective/delayed vax, but I know people who dont vax at all who see her too. I like her a lot, and I like the fact that the office is super laid back. The receptionist is one of her kids, and the NP is her mom. Her DH stays at home and homeschools their kids, which I think is pretty cool. The only downside is that her office is in Shelbyville. But, its a cute town and we usually make an afternoon of it when we go.

I've heard great things about Guelda too, and she actually was the ER doc when DD had a head injury and we went to the ER at Baptist (did you know they have a special kid's ER section? No wait times.) She was all booked up when DD was born.

#3 ·
We JUST got back from Dr. White's office. DS had his 4 month check-up. We are doing delayed vax, and she has no issues at all. She will not try to push anything on you. DS is intact, and we have had no issues at all. She doesn't judge any crunchy ways of life, either. We live in Eastern Jefferson County, and our appointment was at 3pm. We were back home by just after 4pm.

#5 ·
After Guelda went in with another doctor she changed her policy to all children must be up to date by age 2. I ended up changing pedi to Dr. White who is AMAZING in all ways. She has never pushed medications but always natural remedies.:)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

I've heard great things about Guelda too, and she actually was the ER doc when DD had a head injury and we went to the ER at Baptist (did you know they have a special kid's ER section? No wait times.) She was all booked up when DD was born.

#6 ·
Hmmm, I did get in with Dr. Guelda, I guess I'll have to see how things go with her (although tbh, DH and I will likely be moving to Bowling Green before the kiddo is 2, so perhaps that won't be an issue for us?).

#8 ·
If you're up for going across the river, Dr. Corba at Kids R Great Pediatrics is FANTASTIC. I love him and all of his nurses.

I also contacted Dr. Stacy Trinkle in Louisville, and she said that she would see kids who aren't vaxed. I think she's a family practice doc.

#10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treece View Post

I know this is an oldish post, but I just looked up Dr. Corba and this says his most common procedure is circumcision..... Yeah, I will keep looking.
Good luck. My 3yo son isn't circumcised and Dr. Corba has always been great for us. He's very supportive of the parents' right to make decisions about their own kids, and the truth is that most parents (at least in this area) choose to circumcise. That doesn't make him against or even ignorant of keeping boys intact.

#13 ·
I have a special needs toddler and I just need to be able to get her services without the vaccine pushers and when my son has insurance I need him services without circ pushers (and the vax pushers). I try my best to protect my kids :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.