Homebirth in Louisville/S.Indiana - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-15-2012, 09:09 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hello, everyone.  I've searched the forum a few times, but have yet to find the info I'm looking for.  I know of the few more public midwives in the area, but I know there are others that I just can't find online.  My main issue is that I really need someone affordable ($1500 or less), and preferably someone willing to deliver breech (just in case, as my first was breech).  If someone could PM me or respond I would really appreciate it!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2012, 01:36 PM

I think (not totally for sure) there may only be one midwife around here who will attempt a breech, and she's not based in Louisville if I am thinking correctly.  My suggestion is to talk to the midwives you already know about, explain your situation, and see what advice they have.  They are all really nice and will be willing to point you in the right direction.  I'm not sure you're going to find someone in your price range who will attempt a breech birth, unless they are willing to make a deal with you (which some might be willing to do).

Married to DH partners.gif since 2007. Mommy to babyboy.gif 7/2011.  We bfinfant.giffamilybed1.gifcd.gif.

Old 03-15-2012, 02:43 PM

There are midwives in louisville that will attempt a breech birth. That being said, their fee is closer to 2500, rather than 1500. I know that they have a payment schedule set up and some of them may be willing to make some kind of prolonged payment plan if you need more help. If you are interested, pm me and Ill give you a phone number smile.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

User Tag List