Homebirth midwife (Riverside Midwifery) experiences? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-17-2012, 11:20 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

help.gifI live in NW Baltimore Co., MD, and I'm trying to decide on a licensed care provider (CNM) for my third pregnancy (due sometime in December 2012). Since this would be my second VBAC (after a successful HBAC), a birth center birth is out of the question. It's come down to my either going with a home birth with Nannette Jenkins, CNM of Riverside Midwifery in Charles Town, WV, or going to a local Baltimore hospital midwife practice (narrowed down to Sinai, Maryland General, or maybe Mercy) and hoping I pick the right midwife. If you have worked with Nannette Jenkins (as doula, client, other experiences, etc.). It's far to travel (almost 1.5 hours) for prenatal appointments and I'd have to pay out of pocket and they would bill insurance for reimbursement later, so I am trying to make the best decision. Any help would be great! Thanks!

#2 of 3 Old 08-07-2012, 05:19 PM

Hi - I'm due next month and will be may end up switching from OB care to Riverside. We meet with them next week. If we end up switching and doing a home birth with Riverside I'll keep you updated.

#3 of 3 Old 08-14-2012, 07:15 AM

Hi!

I do not have personal experience with Riverside Midwifery.  However, I had my daughter 12 years ago with a CPM home birth/water birth.  It was a successful switch from OB to midwife in my 7th month of pregnancy.  I was told many horrible ugly things about home birth, but none of those things happened.  I had a perfectly healthy baby and a perfectly healthy pregnancy.

In November of last year I suffered a placental abruption and lost my little girl at 19w5d.  It was an unfortunate unexplained tragedy that no one in the hospital or OB office could explain.  I had planned a home birth at the time, but emergencies derailed my plans.  It just goes to show things can take a turn for the worse even in a hospital.  No one helped me through my excruciating labor while my placenta tore from the inside out.  No one could save my baby.  No one in the hospital cared about my condition because I had all my prenatal care with a midwife.

Today I am 21w pregnant with my third little girl.  All looks well and I feel great.  I am still a patient with my midwife Angy Nixon, CNM.  I am still planning a home birth.  

I want to encourage you to go with your instincts.  Your 'little small voice' will never lead you wrong.  Be strong in your choices and trust yourself with making the best decision for you and your baby.  Good luck!

Deanna

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page