relocating to richmond/ intact-vax friendly pediatrician recs? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 08-31-2012, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi there, I'm hoping some of you might have pediatrician recs for me.  We will be relocating to richmond early next year but I'm worried about finding an appropriate pediatrician.  We will be moving either to chesterfield or the west end and neither place seems to be very crunchy.  My son is 3, uncircumcised and though we do vaccinate we follow a conservative vaccine schedule so that if something goes wonky we know what caused it.  And we generally skip the flu vax.  Where we live now we have a wonderful complementary/intergrative ped.  She is an MD but with an eye toward natural health.  Are there any pediatricians like that... or at least open minded in Richmond?  I sure hope so.  We are so grateful for any info that might be provided. 

RedSamhain likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 PM

Hi. We live in the West End area of Richmond, only been here about 3 months. When we moved here I joined http://www.naprichmond.com . As for a ped we are using Dr Scott Iwashyna @ http://www.westendpediatrics.com/ . He is really laid back and welcoming to attachment parenting. My oldest is partially vaxed (we stopped) and my youngest has had none....he is very okay with it. I'd recommend calling and setting up a interview with him.

Good luck on your upcoming move! 

#3 of 5 Old 12-20-2012, 07:36 PM

Alice Condro at Chippenham Pediatrics is very down to earth, is supportive of extended breast feeding, co sleeping, and has been just fine with the few vaccines we decline (she has never given me grief for it). She's gentle and very kind.
#4 of 5 Old 03-26-2013, 10:25 PM

We love Dr. Anne Marie Tull with the Pediatric Center. She was/is extremely supportive of our decision to delay vaccines, extend breast feed, and co-sleep. She also helped me multiple times with lactation issues in the few weeks post partum that I really needed help.
#5 of 5 Old 05-10-2013, 07:16 PM

Dr. Brianna Couch is with that group as well. She is our pediatrician and is also very okay with co-sleeping, cloth diapers, breast feeding and our venture in elimination communication! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page