PWC Ped recommendation? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-19-2008, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi!

We're moving from DC out to Montclair, near Woodbridge, later this year.

We'll need a ped out in those parts (will drive if necessary, but closer is always great).

Most important to me is that I don't want to have to fight a fight over vaxing. Our daughter is currently (very) selectively vaxed, and although we plan to give more as she ages, she bleeds into her GI tract if she consumes some of the ingredients in some vaxes orally (pork from gelatin, etc), and I'm certainly not going to inject them into her in that case. Also just am not ready to do Hep B, Chickenpox, etc. Will follow a delayed/selective schedule with baby number 2 due to arrive in Dec/Jan. I just don't want to have to deal with the lectures, etc, as our ped in Atlanta (where we recently moved from) was no pressure and I'm spoiled in that regard -- I've done my research, and I'm the parent, etc.

I'd obviously also like a doctor who is a good doctor, one who knows how to treat (ie, leave alone) an intact boy would also be a big plus.

Truly pro-bf also something I'd love, and have been completely spoiled regarding!

Thanks!
Lindsay
#2 of 3 Old 09-19-2008, 10:32 PM

Hi there, I use Dr. Peacock with Prince William Family Medical, 703-257-8090 I think thats the number... I have not vaxed my 16 month old and my son is intact... I cosleep, breastfeed on demand, he is very good at letting the parent decide about these things..He will give you his opinion but is not pushy. I forgot to say they have offices in Manassas and Gainesville if thats not to far... good luck

:
#3 of 3 Old 10-20-2008, 12:31 AM

Lake Ridge Pediatrics is great. All of the moms in this area I know use them. We see Dr. Caplan and so far he has been fine with our delayed vax schedule. Also he has been very supportive of BFing. Good luck!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page