Pediatrician Recommendation - Ohio Akron/Clev. area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-25-2008, 03:05 AM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi all! I'm so glad I found this board. Someone over on BabyCenter boards recommend this forum for finding a pediatrician. I would appreciate any advice!

I'm looking for a vaccine friendly doctor (delayed/selective vaccination schedule). I haven't had much luck and my friends think I'm nuts so they are no help. I live in Cuyahoga Falls, near Akron but would travel to Cleveland, Canton, whatever to get a great doc.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2008, 12:40 AM

Dr. Thomas Phelps ~ he is listed on "The Vaccine Book" website, and we just recently switched to him for our 14 month old (saw him for her 12-month appt. after our old ped kinda dropped us for delaying the mmr). He is AWESOME! Only catch is that he just left his practice (Chesterland Pediatrics) to open his own practice. He'll be opening mid-January, but I don't have his new contact info yet. He will be in almost the same location, on Mayfield Road in Chesterland. It's a drive for sure (we're in Kent) but absolutely absolutely worth it. He takes homebirthed babies, too, if that's important to you

I'll try to remember to post his new info when I get it!

Sarah, loving wife to Michael (9/6/03), SAHM to my big girl Maya "Monkey" Grace (10/5/07) and my baby girl Charlotte "Bugsy" Mae (7/2/09) : :
Old 11-26-2008, 03:22 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Thanks so much Sarah! A great doctor is worth the drive! I'll keep googling him but let me know if you find out his new address. I'm not due until Feb so it sounds perfect!
Old 11-26-2008, 05:40 PM

Dr. Lavin in Beachwood is also awesome!

http://www.advancedped.com/
Old 12-16-2008, 05:28 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Hello again ladies! Just wanted to update that I saw Dr. Lavin yesterday and he is great!!! I'm so happy to have found a ped before my baby was born.

First, he doesn't accept anything from pharamceutical companies which is amazing these days. There wasn't a single poster or prop with a company name on it and his pens were normal pens! This was a great start.

My primary need was non-vax. He isn't pro or anti-vax completely but he doesn't recommend the AAP schedule and he said he "doesn't have a set ideology" but listens to parents concerns. He talked about MMR and autism (he doesn't believe there is a link) and I explained that my problem was that I thought people SHOULD get M, M, and R. He agreed. I hope it pans out when I actially have a baby in my arms but I'm just elated to find a doctor with out a God complex!

Thanks MDC friends for helping me out!

User Tag List