Moved to Indy - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-01-2008, 12:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there! I'm Chris. My family just moved back to Indy this weekend. Actually, the movers come tomorrow with our furniture so not totally moved yet. We've been living with my parents for several days and I'm ready to pull my hair out now. I need to get into my own house.

I've lurked here off and on over the last few years when I lived in West Lafayette, but never really participated in discussions. Figured I might try now. I have 2 boys ages 6 and 3 1/2.

Since I haven't lived here in so long and never as a parent, I would love any recommendations for doctors (family docs or pediatricians or internists) and dentists for the northside area. We live close to St. Vincent's hospital (the one on 86th street) so finding docs near that area is preferred, but I also like docs that are more likely to work with me in treating my family as opposed to telling me what to do and expecting me to do it without asking questions or doing some research, so I may need to travel a bit to find that. My dad is an OB here and will likely recommend people, but he tends to be the kind who rolls his eyes at some of the non-traditional things I talk about so I imagine the people he'd recommend would be that way too.

I imagine there are other threads on this topic so I'll search around, but thought I'd ask in case anyone was reading this and knew of someone.

Looking forward to getting to know some other mamas in Indy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-01-2008, 12:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Ummmm...Dr. Park. He's on the west side but worth the drive. He practices Eastern and Western medicine and is totally respectful of an individuals views. I know there are a couple of other good ones but I can't think of them off the top of my head and I'm supposed to be writing a final paper right now!

User Tag List