Hi all! I've been searching for someone who will "allow" a TOL after 2 c-sections, and I'm having no luck. I have an email in to a midwife at St. Anthony's in Crown Point, and I'm hoping she'll consider my case. It sounds like the midwives / docs she works with are fairly VBAC acceptable (I wouldn't say friendly), so I'm hoping they'll accept me.
I'm currently going to a doctor in Lafayette who rotates with other doctors at Home Hospital. She said she's not sure she'll allow a VBA2C, but that even if she did, chances are I'll get a doc who doesn't do VBACs (esp. after 2) and I'll have to have a c-section. So I'm super bummed.
I'm not comfortable with the option of homebirth just in case something did go wrong, as I'm in a very rural area and it'd be at least an hour before I'd be able to be in surgery if I had to. Same thing with staying home til I'm ready to push - I do want the baby to be monitored while I'm in labor. I can't refuse a c-section because then my insurance wouldn't pay, and Lord knows I can't afford $8000 in medical bills. So that leaves me the only option of finding a provider who is supportive of my decision. Then there's the issue of finding a doc who's colleagues are also
supportive of my decision, since most docs rotate call shifts.
I'm so stressed over this. It's taking the joy out of pregnancy.
I do NOT want another c-section, and I know my body can do this. I'm only 12 weeks, so I've got a bit to find someone, but I'd really like to transfer from my anti-VBA2C doc.
I can do Valpo, Merrillville, Crown Point, Lafayette, Monticello... any of those areas. Thanks so much for any advice!