Dayton Moms 2009 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 298 Old 01-01-2009, 08:10 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy New Year Everyone!

Anyone have a New Year's Resolution they would like to share? I have vowed to eat to the back of my freezers and to clean my bathroom more often.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 298 Old 01-01-2009, 09:45 PM

Ha... I vow to have a baby... lol.

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#3 of 298 Old 01-01-2009, 10:48 PM

LOL well I vow NOT to have a baby

ummm I think that's it. And to get rid of all this JUNK, who wants some? >

Jamie 24 yr old mama to K Paige 6, Chloah Liz 4, homebirth Addison Elliot 1 (11.17.08) proud aunt to Marley Colt (2.11.08):::
#4 of 298 Old 01-01-2009, 11:07 PM

I want some junk!

I don't usually do resolutions, but the one thing I will actively be working on is not getting pregnant again for a loooong time lol.

Gina ~
mommy to E & K and #3 due 7/2011homebirth.jpg
#5 of 298 Old 01-02-2009, 12:38 AM

I plan on cleaning up my desk my baby is almost a year old so i can't use the I have a new born as an excuse this year Happy new year!:
#6 of 298 Old 01-02-2009, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyGina View Post
I want some junk!

I don't usually do resolutions, but the one thing I will actively be working on is not getting pregnant again for a loooong time lol.
Need bb clothes? I have a whole bag of them! One bag girls one bag GN.

Jamie 24 yr old mama to K Paige 6, Chloah Liz 4, homebirth Addison Elliot 1 (11.17.08) proud aunt to Marley Colt (2.11.08):::
#7 of 298 Old 01-02-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie19 View Post
Need bb clothes? I have a whole bag of them! One bag girls one bag GN.
heck yeah! I got rid of most of DD's clothes not thinking we were having another so soon. I could definitely use the GN clothes!

Gina ~
#8 of 298 Old 01-02-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrunchyGina View Post
heck yeah! I got rid of most of DD's clothes not thinking we were having another so soon. I could definitely use the GN clothes!
awesome! When I'm not dying still I'll drop them off at Tuesday's since I'll be up there to drop some stuff off to her too) It'll hopefully be sometime in the next week or so, whenever Dr Guy can reschedule my 6 week appointment (I had to cancel for a tummy bug this morning ugh)

#9 of 298 Old 01-02-2009, 04:41 PM

thanks so much, i really appreciate it!

Gina ~
#10 of 298 Old 01-03-2009, 04:05 PM

Hi ladies

I'm going to make an effort to be more connected to all of you this year...Connor's immune function has really been good the last several months (thank you PICC line!!) so I feel better having him out and about more. We're ready for more play dates! Any of you want to learn ASL? He's non-verbal, but very good at signing

Now, to completely counter what I just said...Unfortunately we're starting the new year sick, Connor has a fever, swollen lymph nodes everywhere (including groin and arm pits, not just his neck!), and --here's a new one-- an umbilical infection!! Weird, huh? I took him in, but the dr wasn't worried, said he doesn't think the infection and fever are connected, thinks he just has a bug of some sort along with the local infection (there's no streaking from his belly button, it's just red and yucky looking) But a few days of rest along with topical ointment, and we'll be ready to play! (at least, that's the hope!)

Our poor kitty is injured right now...came in from outside two days ago not walking on his back paw. It's swollen and he definitely does not like me touching it. No blood, not cuts, all his other joints are fine, so I think he probably going it squished in the wood pile chasing furry critters. It'll be a few weeks before he's able to go outside again I think!

Today is my anniversary...6 years! :

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#11 of 298 Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM

I am gonna get more exercise than last year, which shouldn't be hard lol. And also reduce my candy intake which is gonna be very very hard. You know my husband lol.
#12 of 298 Old 01-03-2009, 10:35 PM

http://www.parkandvine.com/?page_id=153

Cloth Diapering Cuteness: Jan. 4
Park + Vine hosts an informal class on all aspects of cloth diapering the first Sunday of each month at 2 p.m. Our two in-house mamas tailor each discussion to the specific questions of present parents. Afterward, browse the best selection of cloth diapers in Cincinnati and take advantage of Park + Vine’s package discounts. Next chat: Feb. 1.

Just reminding anyone who is interested since its tomorrow.

We *might* make it. If my kids decide to cooperate. :-/

#13 of 298 Old 01-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Hey, maybe we can all exchange our junk! I have tons I need to get rid of

How is everyone doing?

Kristin- Wife to J, Mommy to B (11), M-S (8), and little J (4) and J&J (7 months)
#14 of 298 Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 AM - Thread Starter

Anyone have a source for local raw honey?
#15 of 298 Old 01-06-2009, 01:36 PM

Anyone else feel like they are already way behind and not able to catch up this year. I also hate the fact I am in love with my two oldest being back in school -- I never thought I would feel this way.

I had my house somewhat cleaned up before Christmas, and then having all three kids and DH home most of the time, and all the Christmas stuff...my house needs to be declared a natural disaster area again. With chasing after three kids all day I felt like all I did was clean up mess after mess after mess from them, and not clean up any of the other stuff or the messes they made and I couldn't ever get to...

I am so looking forward to having my afternoons basically free again to clean, with the boys in school and the girl down for a nap.
#16 of 298 Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM

I vow to keep a cleaner house. So far I am failing miserably.
#17 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 12:01 AM

This year has already started out to be wonderful.
My house is cleaner and more organized...laundry has been caught up continuously (ok, only 2 runs of laundry, but still......), and I'm feeling organized with everything. We revamped our finances and will be investing like mad dogs this year...all while being in our new house...that feels SO good. We didn't think we could continue investing at the old rate--just new house 'pains' we thought would get in the way. But we didn't have to do much--just hard wood floors and some shelves...so we're back on track! This makes mama very very happy.

Now...if I could only get these stinkers back on track with bedtimes...hahahaha

:
#18 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 01:29 AM

Hello! I hope you don't mind if I join you . . .
I've been lurking here for quite a while, but just now worked up the nerve to introduce myself! I'm Lauri, mommy to two little ones: dd just turned 4 in December, and ds is 20 months. I've been married to dh for over 6 years now, and moved to the Dayton area in 2002. I've been a lacto-ovo vegetarian for 13 years, and am raising both kids that way as well. I love to cook and bake, read, and run (it's my sanity saver many days!) We eat mostly organic, homemade food, clean with natural products, and are trying to become less consumer-ish. I'm pro-BF (ds is still going strong), anti-circ, we do vax but have delayed some with ds, and use disposable diapers (I would've loved to have done cloth, but was too intimidated by it ). I'm not as AP as most of you, but I don't really fit in with the other mainstream mamas I know, and am looking for some like-minded people in the area who don't think I'm *out there* with my lifestyle and parenting style.

I've learned so much from reading all these boards over the past couple of years, and hope to learn so much more! Nice to officially "meet" all of you!

Lauri
#19 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 02:56 AM

[QUOTE=maple_mama;1293263 I'm not as AP as most of you, but I don't really fit in with the other mainstream mamas I know, and am looking for some like-minded people in the area who don't think I'm *out there* with my lifestyle and parenting style.

I've learned so much from reading all these boards over the past couple of years, and hope to learn so much more! Nice to officially "meet" all of you!

Lauri[/QUOTE]

Welcome Lauri!
We're a mixed bunch in here...some much more 'crunchy' than others--some very natural minded in some arenas and not in others and vice versa! I hope we get to meet you at some point!

Bobbi
#20 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 04:21 PM

Welcome Lauri
#21 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Huey and Weprin in Englewood...anyone have any pros/cons about them as far as gyn stuff goes? (not ob) Not sure if you can really give any cons on here so feel free to PM me!
Thanks
#22 of 298 Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipigeon View Post
Anyone have a source for local raw honey?
There is a place, wait a few places in Xenia and one in Jamestown (I think) They are both closed until spring

So I need ped recommendations again.

I can't go to horlacher/woods, because baby is on medicare

HAS to be no-vax no-circ friendly.

I feel like someone mentioned dr. Jona? Jonas? Who took caresource, I just don't know about his vax/circ stance

thanks moms and happy new year! I love the nice new thread!

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout jog.gif 4.09 and Bruises babyboy.gif 7.11 handfasted to superhero.gif 9.07

#23 of 298 Old 01-08-2009, 12:14 AM

After like 90 hours on the phone, I know the new childrens medical center beside Atrium Hospital in Franklin takes caresource, we haven't vax'd the baby and delay'd selectively vax the older two, and have had no issues with them, all we had to do was sign a release form. We've seen two dr's Dr Oches, and Jennifer something :-/ there... They also know that Chloah is still bfing and haven't said a word negative or otherwise which is It might be a bit of a drive for you, but I called every place I could find in the phone book AND caresources lists and its the only place I found

The receptionist gave me shit for having a homebirth (and no hospital records), so if they give you any issues at all with anything ask to talk to their advisor.

Here's the info in case:

http://www.atriummedcenter.org/atrse....aspx?id=10378

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriket View Post
There is a place, wait a few places in Xenia and one in Jamestown (I think) They are both closed until spring

So I need ped recommendations again.

I can't go to horlacher/woods, because baby is on medicare

HAS to be no-vax no-circ friendly.

I feel like someone mentioned dr. Jona? Jonas? Who took caresource, I just don't know about his vax/circ stance

thanks moms and happy new year! I love the nice new thread!

#24 of 298 Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 AM

Thanks for the welcome!
#25 of 298 Old 01-08-2009, 07:44 PM

I don't remember if this was posted here, I know it was on the APboard on yahoo but I'm too lazy to sign in to post it there (feel free to xpost for me!)

Its saying some natural items are exempt from the Safety Act which will cover some makers.
http://consumerist.com/5126354/hoora...uct-safety-act

#26 of 298 Old 01-08-2009, 09:46 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome Lauri
:
#27 of 298 Old 01-08-2009, 11:12 PM

We use dr. oaches at his regular office... he is ok...

#28 of 298 Old 01-10-2009, 10:07 PM

Hi! I posted on the 2008 thread a few times. I just thought I'd pop in and re-introduce myself. I'm Erin, I have a 2 year old named Rachael.

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up, although I'm trying to spend less time on the computer and more time cleaning.

Erin~ Mommy to 3 curly-headed children and expecting #4 in December. ***4***8***12**16***20***24***28***32***36***40**
#29 of 298 Old 01-11-2009, 01:57 PM

Raw Honey - to the person looking, I was just on Craigslist and someone posted about Raw Honey there, local place on the north side of town..it is in the farming section I believe.

Ped Recommendations - no clue. We had an issue with ours recently when I requested to wait on Ali's 12 month shots since she was sick. I have heard great things about Dr. Siler, and there was another place listed elsewhere that people had no problems with. I think the community health places (like Charles Drew) will work as well. I talked to them, and the nurse I spoke with said they wouldn't have a problem with extended nursing, but because it is the county they may "push" but will respect your vax wishes.

It is really hard in this area to find providers who will take any of the medicaid programs (caresource, molina or the new one out there). Most of the providers are at their max capacity of those patients. And I really think that those who have not had experience with calling every name in the book to find someone, don't really understand or get how hard it is. A lot of people think you just make a phone call and you should just automatically be a patient.

The new law - I believe on Thursday or Friday the CPS made exceptions from the testing for resellers, but you are still going to get into trouble if the merchandise does not meet the new requirements even though you are not required to test.
#30 of 298 Old 01-11-2009, 06:13 PM

I've got two resolutions! I really need to get in shape after this baby is born (due date is today, wont be too much longer!!!) and I also really need to start cooking more often. I hardly EVER cook, because I never know what to make. I'd also like to visit this forum more often, I need more "in the area" friends rather than online friends, hundreds of miles away lol.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page