Need info on Kathy Mitchell-midwife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 
#1 of 4 Old 01-15-2009, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone tell me about the midwife Kathy Mitchell that is based in Newark Ohio? I need contact info and any experience that anyone has with her. Thanks!

Bethany ~ Mama of two wonderful boys ♥ ♥  Wife to one amazing man ♥

Massage Therapist ~ Doula ~ Student Midwife

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 AM

Yes, I know Kathy Mitchell. Contact me privately at [email protected] or call 740-286-5756
#3 of 4 Old 07-10-2014, 11:55 AM

Please do not use Kathy Mitchell for your delivery. She does not genuinely care about your well being. I was using her previously for my home birth & towards the very end of my pregnancy she told me I needed to find someone else for prenatal care. Needless to say because I was so far along no one else would help me. Being 8 months pregnant I was a liability to anyone else. She is VERY shady & I would NOT recommend her to anyone who is planning a home birth. I wished I hadn't wasted my time with her. Lesson learned.
#4 of 4 Unread 11-04-2014, 10:25 PM

BlessedEarthMot I'm very sorry about your experience with your midwife. It would be awful to have that disappointment, and more so with the challenge laying late in pregnancy to gain another working relationship with a midwife or doctor : ( I just hope that you were able to go on to have a pretty good birthing experience with some one. While its true, a midwife will have considerations involved to take up providing care for a mother late in her pregnancy -- it can be done in circumstances of healthy mother/healthy pregnancy. I have done so numerous times with mothers when their lives have flipped late in pregnancies with moves, changes of childbirth choices, etc. I want to assure you that there are midwives who can, with care, cover mothers changes in plans.

San Hess, CPM Ohio midwife
www.heartland-midwifery.com

User Tag List