Genesee County - Mamas want to get together? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 41 Old 02-18-2009, 07:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I think I've only been to Halo Burger like once in my entire life...but I'd be game. Another mama, Helen had an idea about a possible place in Holly - so maybe we can just put it up to a vote for now, or just go ahead and schedule, rotating locations and times, so everybody can make it to something.

Maybe I'll put up a poll and have everyone vote - but I have to learn how to do it first.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#32 of 41 Old 02-20-2009, 09:51 PM

I'd probably prefer the mall to halo burger. My daughter doesn't always like the high play areas (and I'd have to try to avoid the sugar filled boston coolers at halo burger ), but I could probably do either if the other moms really want to do halo burger. Holly is too far for me.

Mom to my sweet girls Lily (3/14/05) and Miriam (7/10/08) , wife to Scott.
#33 of 41 Old 02-21-2009, 11:11 AM

I second the mall vote. I've kept my kids out of fast food places thus far, I would hate to undo this if possible. I am with you on the sugar Breezy mom!But, I wont be picky if everone else chooses Halo. Holly is kind of far unless it is a really worth while place.
#34 of 41 Old 02-24-2009, 06:32 PM

I've found that the mall isn't too bad if it isn't a weekend.

#35 of 41 Old 02-28-2009, 12:08 AM

Ladies, what about coming to the playgroup that I already attend? We meet twice a month at St. John's Family Center in Davison, and the group is getting crunchier and crunchier. Our next meeting is March 13th from 9:30-11:30. There's not much organization - mostly just a short meeting to discuss business and the rest is playtime in the gym with toys and mamas talking.
#36 of 41 Old 02-28-2009, 02:05 AM

I'm visiting family in May and June and would LOVE to meet some other MDC mamas while I'm there.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#37 of 41 Old 02-28-2009, 01:53 PM

I would love to come to the St. John's playgroup. St. John's is about 2 minutes from my house and I used to belong to the gym there before I had my last baby. I will try to make it with my two girls.

Bree

#38 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 03:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurata View Post
I'm visiting family in May and June and would LOVE to meet some other MDC mamas while I'm there.
Love to meet you too!! Where will you be in MI when visiting?

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#39 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 08:41 PM

Genesse County. ;-) Near Southern Lakes Career Tech. You know where that is?

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#40 of 41 Old 03-02-2009, 10:57 PM - Thread Starter

Laurata - when will you be coming? Maybe we can try to plan a gathering then. Where are you now?

Sorry that this has dragged out so long, everyone!! I'm afraid I'm not always great at organizing get togethers (my confession), so don't be afraid to speak up when you want to do something. You're not stepping on my toes!

I like TefferTWH's idea. Hopefully meeting in Davison would be feasible for most people. Then maybe in April we can meet somewhere else. Hopefully it will be warm enough for a park!!

If we can't find something that works for everyone in the south or north parts of Genesee County, we can always have 2 separate get togethers. Again, if you want to organize something, go for it! I won't be offended.

I'll plan on attending the playgroup at St. Johns...Thanks, Stephanie!

And we can see what comes up next!!!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#41 of 41 Old 03-03-2009, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurata View Post
Genesse County. ;-) Near Southern Lakes Career Tech. You know where that is?
Nope, 'fraid not. I'm actually a couple of counties over from Genessee County, but my husband works at the Great Lakes Tech Center there in Flint.

As to the group: here's what I propose. Maybe take a vote on times for a get-together on March 27. How about the mall playplace at Gen Valley?

I'll post a vote, and everyone cast theirs. We'll see what happens...

Actually, I'll need to place a new post in order to add a poll myself. Please see the new post!!

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page