any good peds that take medicaid?(sterling heights) - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-14-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We might be having to get medicaid next week for the kiddos if we can't do cobra and I am wondering if there are any good peds that are ok with delay/selective vax in the sterling heights/troy/ etc.. area? Our present ped doesn't take it.

TIA!

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 02:58 PM

I think that Dr. Neda Saker does....she's in Troy, but is close to you.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Old 03-14-2009, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Were you with Pediatric Health Care? Last time I checked they DID take medicaid, but it was a while ago that I checked. I would call and ask them...I think that if you find out what kind they take you can then choose the plan your kids get on accordingly.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:35 PM

Oh, and if it's MIchild you want to put them on, I have heard that it is simply a Blue Cross PPO, so I know for sure that they take that!

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

Old 03-14-2009, 10:55 PM

We see Dr.Saker and have no major complaints. She is very slow to prescribe abx and overall is ok with our choices concerning vax. She definately is ok with delayed as far as I can tell.She takes Molina which is a Beaumont program.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
Were you with Pediatric Health Care? Last time I checked they DID take medicaid, but it was a while ago that I checked. I would call and ask them...I think that if you find out what kind they take you can then choose the plan your kids get on accordingly.
They will only take straight medicaid, which I guess is non-existent, you have to choose a plan.

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Old 03-16-2009, 01:30 PM

Well...darn.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laylasmommy View Post
We see Dr.Saker and have no major complaints. She is very slow to prescribe abx and overall is ok with our choices concerning vax. She definately is ok with delayed as far as I can tell.She takes Molina which is a Beaumont program.
ditto here... she also takes Great Lakes. She says that just because a patient doesn't want to vax doesn't mean that she should deny them ped. care. Her MA is also good about it, when she gives out the VIS papers she's like, "I know you may not be doing any or all of these, but here the ones that are usually given at this visit." Plus she knows that I like to see the vials before the shot is given so she brings them in to show me (Normally she fills them in another room). She is not up to speed on bf'ing stuff though so you just have to hold your own on that stuff, but she's not aggressive at all so it's never been a prob with me.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by courtenay_e View Post
I wanted to bump this thread in case anyone else is in need of a good ped in the sterling heights area!
Pediatric health care will start taking medicaid June 1st! They will only be taking the mclaren plan. As of last month they were still saying that they would only take straight medicaid so I am happy that they changed their minds since most of MI is laid off right now:

I am so excited I thought I would share

User Tag List