NCB friendly OB/CNM near canton, mi - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
anyone know of any NCB-friendly OBs or CNMs in/near canton, mi?

bonus points if you can tell me one that is female, accepts medicaid, will take new clients that are at 33+ weeks and maybe even does appointments after 5pm

hijab.gif Childbirth Educating and Doula-ing wife toflowersforyou.gif , and mama to hammer.gif6/09. Story of my life:buddamomimg1.pngduh.gif knit.gifscared.gifsewmachine.gifdishes.gifcd.giftea6.gifread.gifsleepytime.gif

#2 of 4 Old 04-21-2009, 02:49 PM

I recommend Kathi Bedekian, CNM at the UofM Health Center in Canton on Saltz/Canton Center Rd. I don't know if they will take you this late, but it is always worth a try.

Good luck!

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#3 of 4 Old 04-21-2009, 07:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
You could also try the midwives at Metro Partners, who work out of Providence hospital...especially at the Alternitive Care Unit. I am thinking that I have had a few clients there with the midwives who were on medicaid, and I am certain that they have taken clients of mine as late at 37.5 weeks.

Mama to two awesome kids. Wife to a wonderful, attached, loving husband. I love my job-- I'm a Midwife, Doula and Childbirth Educator, Classes forming now!

#4 of 4 Old 06-12-2009, 11:04 AM

You could try Paragon Obstetrcs in Green (Boettler Rd) - they work out of akron city, akron general & a few other places.

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page