VBAC-friendly practitioners in Columbus, Ohio - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-30-2009, 04:27 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was set to have a homebirth with CHOICE for my daughter Josie, but fate intervened in the form of a prolapsed cord. Luckily everything was fine (a bit touch and go on the way to the hospital, but after a few puffs of O2 Josie didn't even have to go to the NICU!) and I even have a low transverse incision on my uterus (vertical outside). This means that I should be a fine candidate for a VBAC. I'm not sure if I want to attempt a homebirth again--I know I would do fine with a natural birth, but I have a lot of fear surrounding potentially having a c-section with complete strangers again, even though I was treated with great respect for the most part. I'm due for an annual soon and I thought maybe I would try to find an OB/GYN who was VBAC-friendly, that way if we decide to have another child I would already have a relationship with someone for the birth, if I choose a hospital birth next time around. Any suggestions, or is C-Bus as bad off as I think it is?

Oh, and don't suggest Professionals for Women's Health--I was going to them for tandem care for the first half of my pregnancy and didn't particularly like them, so I told them I was having a homebirth and they fired me as a patient. ;-)
#2 of 5 Old 05-01-2009, 02:36 PM

Not sure of who my SIL is going to but she is going to try VBA2C. So there are a couple up there.
#3 of 5 Old 05-05-2009, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysonshine View Post
Not sure of who my SIL is going to but she is going to try VBA2C. So there are a couple up there.
I'm going to Professionals for women
But the OP doesn't want to go there!
#4 of 5 Old 05-05-2009, 05:41 PM

Sorry!
#5 of 5 Old 05-06-2009, 01:06 PM

I wonder if Dr. Parker does vbac's? I don't have any personal experience with him but over the years I've heard so many positive things about him......
I've also heard that Dr. Kanellitsas and Dr. Holly Barrows may/do vbac's(from an older thread here)Good luck!

Wife to DH(15 years)and Mama to: Jacob(5/02)kid.gifribbonpurple.gif, and Alina(7/07)energy.gifI luxlove.gifbellyhair.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page