Seeking Home Birth Doula in Indianapolis Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-04-2009, 04:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I keep forgetting to ask my midwife for doula recommendations, so I'll check here in the meantime. Does anyone know of any home birth-experienced doulas practicing in the Indianapolis area? This will be my first homebirth (second baby - girst was a hospital birth) so I'd love to have someone on hand to support me and who knows what to expect. Thank you!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2009, 05:21 PM

You might check out an Indy-centric message board ... www.momslikeme.com has sub-sites for lots of cities, and Indy is one. I know there are at least a few doulas there, and if they won't do a homebirth, they can probably point you in the right direction. You do have to register for the site, but I've never gotten anything spammy from it. And they have interesting discussions sometimes.

Married 6/16/01 ~ WOHM to DS1 4/29/06 and DS2 2/13/08 ~  ALMOST an RVT ~ dog2.gif dog2.gif goldfish.gif

Old 05-12-2009, 10:37 PM

Have you heard about the Homebirth Support group that meets in Indy? I am a member and we have monthly meetings. It is a great way to meet other moms doing homebirth and to meet doulas! Let me know if you want more info!

Three boys.  jumpers.gif
Old 05-13-2009, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks! Actually I am on MomsLikeMe (more than I should be, LOL) and I've attended several meetings of the HomeBirth Support Group. We missed this week and will miss the next meeting, too, because our Hypnobabies class meets on Mondays. I know (and know of) several doulas, but was wondering if there's anyone else out there I'm not familiar with. I think we've settled on who we're going with, based on that she has Hypnobabies and home birth experience. Thanks gals!

Lauren - mom to Lolli (09/23/07) and Poppy (07/21/09) and Ozzie (05/26/12)

User Tag List