Looking for BF supportive OB or DR. near Lansing, MI - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 05-07-2009, 02:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I live the Lansing MI area, and am in search of an OB or primary care dr that is pro BF. I have a 10 month old son, and have had milk supply issues since his birth, want to get to the bottom of it before we have another baby. I suspect I have PCOS, want a dr that won't just say I will have to live with a low milk supply. Any suggestions??
#2 of 3 Old 05-07-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgasaursmom View Post
I live the Lansing MI area, and am in search of an OB or primary care dr that is pro BF. I have a 10 month old son, and have had milk supply issues since his birth, want to get to the bottom of it before we have another baby. I suspect I have PCOS, want a dr that won't just say I will have to live with a low milk supply. Any suggestions??
Dr. Koslowski (liz or Joe) or Dr Mari Douma. Have you checked out LLL in Lansing??? There are 2 groups and 4 meetings a month. Let me know if you want info on meeting times and locations
#3 of 3 Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 AM

Since you might be able to get the advice that you need from one visit, I am going to suggest someone an hour away.

I have send my fertility clients who need more in-depth testing to Dr. Elizabeth Shadigian at Woman Safe Health. She takes a really, really long time with every patient and is definitely breastfeeding-friendly. At my last visit to her she sympathetically clucked at me when I said I had just weaned my 4 year old!

Even though the Kozlowskis are great doctors, I think you might get better care from an OB. This stuff is not simple. I've been immersed in it for years and still think I'm at the tip of the iceberg.

Another possible recommendation who is a little closer is April Gago, who is a reproductive endocrinologist in Brighton. I have heard mixed reviews of her, but she probably has the background to help you figure out what is going on.

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page