Looking for Allergist (son) in Northern Detroit 'burbs. - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-11-2009, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Son is obviously allergic to wheat. But, we are curious as to what else he may be intolerant. We suspect eggs and milk.

Are there any great allergists out there for our 2 year old?

And, if so, please share your experiences. How conclusive are the tests at this age?

Thank you.
#2 of 5 Old 05-12-2009, 01:33 PM

No allergist info... just popping in to say Hi Stranger

Happy to be married to DH and SAHM to Brenden (10/16/06) and Jackson (5/3/09)! Expecting baby #3 in July
Homeschooling worked for me!
#3 of 5 Old 05-12-2009, 07:38 PM

We absolutely LOVED this guy.

http://www.allergyasthmamichigan.com/

He communicates well during email too -

Chad W. Mayer, DO, FAAP
He was great. When he tested Violet (skin testing) he let her run around the office afterward in her diaper. He tested her and then just let her play - opened up the doors and we let her play instead of sitting in the room for 30 minutes. No one else was in the office- he scheduled new patients so it was just him and his assistant.
He was awesome with me. I was super emotional. I had my nanny with me and he worked well with both of us - completely respected me as mom but also worked with nanny to explain daily issues.

He also referred us to a great pediatric gastro who got my daughters constipation resolved.

Former Special Ed Teacher  now SAHM mamma to 2 girls autismribbon.gif(4/06) and thumbsuck.gif (5/08) EBF via donor milk. Wife DH : Fur mamma to 2 pugs and 1 grey kitty - its a zoo around here!  pos.gif Feb 2013..Will you help feed our new blessing?winner.jpg

#4 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 05:09 PM

http://www.nourishyourkids.com/

My friend takes her daughter to Dr. McCreadie in Ann Arbor.
Susan McCreadie, MD

Visit For more information about Dr. McCreadie and her consultative holistic practice located in Ann Arbor, Michigan, visit www.drmccreadie.com
(Phone and email consultations are NOT available.)

As a board certified pediatrician specializing in holistic medicine, my vision is to heal children with any illness, naturally. During my training as a medical doctor and pediatrician, I witnessed many children benefiting from the advancement of western medicine; however I also realized that many children’s healthcare issues go beyond the traditional medical paradigm. After completing my chief resident year in pediatrics, I started Pediatric Holistic Medicine, PLC. I continue to learn daily how to help myself and others heal; it’s a journey and lifelong passion, and I love every minute of it. It’s absolutely empowering to see the body heal itself naturally, and excellent nutrition is the foundation. Many blessings have come my way, and crossing paths with Angelle Batten is yet another. Our goal is to spread the word of healthy eating, made simple, for your family. We are real moms, with a passion to help parents create health and happiness for their families. We look forward to serving you and your family and remain open to your suggestions.
#5 of 5 Old 05-14-2009, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunapier View Post
Son is obviously allergic to wheat. But, we are curious as to what else he may be intolerant. We suspect eggs and milk.

Are there any great allergists out there for our 2 year old?

And, if so, please share your experiences. How conclusive are the tests at this age?

Thank you.
Also, I am gluten and casein intolerant. Usually when you have gluten issues, casein (dairy) follows. There is a genetic stool test that is available which is great because gluten genetic markers are different than Celiac and show negative on a blood serum test for Celiac. This genetic test forgoes the traditional intestinal biopsy and a good portion of it is reimbursed by health insurance. Feel free to email me if you would like more information.
Best,
Shelley

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page