How child friendly is the Henry Ford? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 05-17-2009, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Not Greenfield Village but the actual museum?

I'm contemplating getting season passes but I'm not sure if the museum is child friendly and that is holding me back. And the drive, especially if gas prices go up. Once a month might end up being too expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-17-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caden's Mom View Post
Not Greenfield Village but the actual museum?

I'm contemplating getting season passes but I'm not sure if the museum is child friendly and that is holding me back. And the drive, especially if gas prices go up. Once a month might end up being too expensive.
I haven't been in a long time (we moved to southern Indiana) but would love to go again now that I have kids. We went there a couple of times and the whole family enjoyed it- esp my then ~10yo brother. It's been a good 10-15 years since I've been though!

I bet if you go and buy admission tickets, you have the option to transfer that $$ towards a membership when you leave if you decide that you'd like to go back regularly.
#3 of 5 Old 05-18-2009, 11:28 AM

We are members and for us it was worth the money. I have an 11 year old and a 3 year old, though, so the price of admission for us going 2x as a family pretty much paid for the membership. It's very kid friendly, imo. Greenfield Village is as well, and definately shouldn't be counted out!! The carousel in the middle is gorgeous and great fun and the kids love seeing the animals and riding the train and watching things like the glass blowing exhibitions, etc. If you watch, they do run membership specials and it becomes even more affordable. For us, if we went 3x through the year it paid for the cost of membership. We have gone at least 5x and our membership doesn't expire until November, so I consider it money well spent.
#4 of 5 Old 05-18-2009, 09:12 PM

IMO, The museum is EXTREMELY child friendly. I have a 5 yr old and a 16 mo old and we love going there. Loads of open space to walk and toddle in,tons to look at and benches all over the place for a nursing session if you're so inclined. They also have the Macy's second mondays throughout the cold months where they provide kid friendly activities and stories etc... We have been members for a few years now and will continue for as long as we can.
#5 of 5 Old 05-19-2009, 11:39 PM

My boys both LOVE HFM and GV! WE definitely get our money's worth with the membership.

~Shawnna~ Lucas 11/02 Wyatt 10/05

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page