Northwest Ohio moms - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 05-20-2009, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello All!
I am new to this and it seems that I'll enjoy this site. My name is Emily. I've been married to Jason (aka Jay) for the last 4 years and have known him for 6. We have two beautiful children: Chase Michael (2 1/2 years) and Ava Rose (1 year).
A little history. Chase, was born on his due date by help of an induction because my labor wasn't moving fast enough. I had a vaginal delivery with no tears. Everything went pretty smoothly, besides the fact that I was in the hospital for 4 days. Then with my daughter, I went in for my 36 week appointment and everything was perfect. She was head down and I was 2cm. Then a few days later I went in to get checked because I was feeling lots of pressure in my rectum (to the point of crying). We found out that she was breech and I was dilated to 3cm, so my CNM sent me down for an NST to see if I was in true labor. While I was down there my contractions were coming 2-3 minutes apart and in 40 minutes I went to 4cm. So they ended up doing a c-section.

So here is where you come in DH and I don't want to go through another c-section. We are looking into a homebirth for our final child and I was just wondering if any of you know of homebirth midwives in the area or if you have any recommendations. Thanks a lot for all responses!

Emily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 05-20-2009, 05:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi and welcome! Linda from Mother's Own Birth Center does homebirths and has a beautiful birth center also. I had my last baby with her and she is just wonderful! She is in Temperance, MI, just across the state line, very close to Toledo. You can also check out the Toledo Area Mom's thread on this forum to find all the mom's in the area and happenings going on in and around Toledo! Linda also posts here as mothercat.

TF, BF, CD, HS, AP'ing Mama!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page