Do any MI midwives take Medicaid? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 05-22-2009, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have Medicaid now since dh is still without a job and money is almost non existent. Do any good midwives take Medicaid? I am terrified to deliver at RO Beaumont again! I have an ok OB right now but she delivers at RO and I am so afraid of going back there.

TIA!

Jennifer, SAHM to my little man 5 1/2 and my VBAC sweetie pie girls 4 1/2, 2 1/2 and 6mos. 

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 05-22-2009, 04:33 PM

The midwives through Metro Partners take straight Medicaid or Great Lakes Health Plan.
#3 of 5 Old 05-22-2009, 05:23 PM

The midwives at Hutzel also take medicaid. I would be surprised if the midwives at Henry Ford West Bloomfield didn't because the practices at the other Henry Ford locations do.

It is worth a call, especially if you haven't signed up yet. Sometimes practices will only take certain medicaid plans and not others.

Good luck!

Stacia -- intrepid mama, midwife, and doula. Changing the world one 'zine at a time.
#4 of 5 Old 05-23-2009, 11:04 AM

And, the midwives at Hutzel do water birth.
They have the big in-hospital tub that Barbara Harper designed.

Linda

Wife, mother, midwife, triathlete
#5 of 5 Old 05-24-2009, 07:22 PM

the midwives at heny ford take medicaid(molina, and some other plan, i think)

also, there are midwives in ann arbor that take medicaid, there may be some in ypsilanti as well.

what i did was i emailed/called everyone on this page: http://www.michigancnm.org/Practices.html

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page