Eileen Dennome in Michigan - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 05-29-2009, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Has anyone used her either for a midwife or doula? We're considering using her as a doula. Any feedback would be great. TIA
#2 of 8 Old 05-31-2009, 11:46 AM

I haven't used her personally, but a friend of mine has used her for all of her birth (7 I think???), and really loves her. I have met her and she seemed great. Good luck!
#3 of 8 Old 05-31-2009, 05:02 PM

You probably already know this, but she's the Macomb Country BirthNetwork leader. You could come to some of the BirthNetwork meetings to get an idea of her personality.

Expecting a boy? Be sure to check out MDC's Case Against Circumcision!
#4 of 8 Old 06-08-2009, 08:12 PM

I met with her with my last pregnancy and really liked her and even had a 1st appt with her. She told me the cost of her services prior to this meeting then during the visit, she upped her rates which dh and I weren't pleased about. Dh contacted her saying we couldn't afford that, esp since she told us a completely different rate, then she called and dropped me a couple days later. Then I found Kate Mazzara and had a beautiful homebirth and we clicked much better than I did with Eileen.

Wife to Jesse, Mom to Ayden 12/01, Kailey 07/03, Ashlyn 6/05, Dylan 9/07, & Riley 12/09

#5 of 8 Old 06-22-2009, 11:22 AM

Hi! I've removed a few posts. Please see our Healthcare Provider review policy. So sorry for the inconvenience!

I have retired from administration work, so if you have a question about anything MDC-related, please contact Cynthia Mosher. Thanks!

#6 of 8 Old 06-24-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julymama View Post
Has anyone used her either for a midwife or doula? We're considering using her as a doula. Any feedback would be great. TIA
I had a WONDERFUL home water birth with Eileen 5 weeks ago.
She was great. We interviewed several midwives and this was the best "fit" and price. I got the best of both worlds :
#7 of 8 Old 06-27-2009, 12:07 PM

Here's Eileen's website. If you click on "Articles" on the top of the page, then scroll to "Birth Stories," you will be able to read first-hand accounts of Eileen's doula and midwifery services. May be helpful to you in determining which doula or midwife to use. I found the firsthand info Eileen personally records on her personal website to be very helpful.

Best wishes.

joy.gif Wife to  geek.gif,  mama to  reading.gif,   guitar.gif, fly-by-nursing1.gif, and thumbsuck.gif - bonus mommy to  loveeyes.gif!  homebirth.jpghomeschool.gifnovaxnocirc.gif

#8 of 8 Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM

I talked with her extensively with my 1st. The only reason I didn't use her as a midwife then is because her grandbaby was due within a couple days of me & being an unusual case we didn't want to take the risk of her not being able to make it...

With my second she was there, and it was a wonderful experience. She has great patience, good stills for pain relief, very personable and friendly, educated. I felt very secure with her knowledge and decision making skills. This was with a breech and my cervix was not aligned well. 23 hours into the labor that was regressing we (including my other midwives) made the decision to transfer for c/s... but I know it was the right decision.

I love Eileen! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page