Dr. Kinion Whittington from Ohio - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-01-2009, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hello! I am in Texas and I am seeing an OBGYN named Dr. Kinion Whittington who has moved from Ohio. He says he worked with Amish and midwives up there which sounds promising compared to the other choices down here. Anyone gone to him? Is he natural birth-friendly in practice? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2009, 11:59 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi - I am an RN & IBCLC in Ohio - and I work at the hospital where Dr Whittington did his residency. I thought he was a great doc. Our hospital is a LevelIII facilty & many high risk pts. It tends to not be natural birth friendly - at all. All of the residents - no matter what pre-resident notions they have - end up conforming to the rut - at least while here. I actually went to another facility for birth #2 b/c of just that.
That being said - he did work w/ a population of Amish and there are natural births that happen at our facility - they just need SUPPORT (doula, etc) and determination.
I'm not sure what he's been doing since his residency - once the docs get out of the "rut" - there are all kinds of possibilities.
Sorry if this wasn't the post you were looking for. But I really did like working w/ him; he was a very nice man.

Heather: wife to Chris ; mama to Sophia (7/03) ; Juliana (8/07):; and Peter (3/12/10)

User Tag List