Cedar Point area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-03-2009, 05:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My husband and I (and LO) will be going to Cedar Point this summer and we'll be staying for a few nights. Instead of getting a hotel room, I want to rent a house/cottage in the area via VRBO, but don't know the area very well.

What is a good town/city to rent a home in? Can anyone point me in a good direction? I just want to be sure I'm not looking in a crummy area, if there are any.

Thanks much!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2009, 01:56 AM

You can actually find lots of rental properties in Sandusky close to Cedar Point. Unfortunately I think most of them are a week minimum rental and they fill up really fast.

I can tell you from experience that the Microtel is not too bad. The pool is open 24/7, they have a continental breakfast and it takes about 10 minutes to get to/from Cedar Point. That is generally where we stay when we go. Not sure if we will this year again or not, because I haven't seen their prices drop down like normal for summer time vs college student time.

BTW - Cedar Point is really kid friendly.

Oh and another option to look at is renting a cabin or cottage on property. It has a stove/fridge etc and easy access to CP.
Old 06-05-2009, 10:21 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Unfortunately I think most of them are a week minimum rental and they fill up really fast.
That's good to keep in mind. I'll be sure to ask when looking for a cottage.

Thanks for the Microtel suggestion! But I prefer a place with a kitchen. I did look into Cedar Point establishments, but WOW they are overpriced. From what I saw on VRBO for the time we're going, I did see nightly rates.

Quote:
BTW - Cedar Point is really kid friendly.
So happy to hear this! I have read many positive reviews from parents. I just hope it isn't all so overwhelming for my 2yo, who tends to stress out easily. *crosses fingers*
Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 PM

I live about 25 mins from Cedar Point. No real help for places right there but I can say when we had passes my boys did fine at Cedar Point, DS1 was 2.5 and DS2 was 6 months. We have done Kalahari and our boys loved it so I would think Soak City would be fun too if you got passes for that. Have fun!!

~Lisa Marie~ Married 08/03, Mama to 2 Fall Princes '04 :, '06 CBAC & :
Late May '09 Princess VBA2C success :
Old 06-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Fay

Cedar Point offers cabins on the lake across the parking lot from the amusement park...one perk is that you get early admission to the park one hour before the general public. Google "Lighthouse Point Cedar Point."

We've always had a great time at Cedar Point with our young children. Hope you enjoy a terrific vacation!

"Isn't life a series of images that change as they repeat themselves?" - Andy Warhol

User Tag List