Pediatrician in East Lansing/Okemos/Lansing Area - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 06-11-2009, 01:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can anyone suggest a good natural-minded friendly/medicaid accepting ped in the East Lansing or surrounding area? It would be most appreciated as I've been through two peds thus far and no luck...

Thanks, Katie

Katie
#2 of 5 Old 06-19-2009, 11:06 AM

well they aren't peds, they family practice (which imo is better!) but try dr. kozlowski -- father & daughter. he was my doc growing up, his wife is one of the founders of the greenhouse birth center & assisted at my youngest son's birth (vba2c!), and his daughters are familiar with alternative meds, etc. he is an osteopath. i hear great things about his daughter - my sisters go to her/them (i'm not in that area anymore, or i would too!) and they do take medicaid.
#3 of 5 Old 06-20-2009, 10:56 AM - Thread Starter

Oh my gosh, thank you so much! I didn't think anyone would respond. I hope they are accepting new patients...

Katie
#4 of 5 Old 06-21-2009, 09:40 AM

When we were in Lansing, we LOVED Drs Will and Wendy Paige-Echols, at Full Spectrum Health, in East Lansing. Maybe I am biased because they went to med school with my dad, but they are awesome.

They were very supportive of my decisions as a mother, and our toddler opened up and felt comfortable around Dr Will.

My only complaint is that Dr Wendy kept telling my sister to give her infant baby cereals after 6 months... but I guess nobody is perfect!
#5 of 5 Old 06-22-2009, 02:04 PM

I have the Koz's as my peds, and we use medicaid. You have to be a current patient with them before you can be accepted to use medicaid with them.

Casondra ~Jesus Loving wife to Christopher, Momma to my c-section babies Calvin(9),Catherine(5),Carolynn(4)and Chloe(2) expecting a new one August 2013.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page