home birth midwives in cincinnati? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-11-2009, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hello

my friend wants to have a homebirth in cincinnati and is looking for midwives. does anyone have recommendations? it looks like there aren't any CNMs practicing in cincinnati and so i assume those attending homebirths are CPMs and are unlicensed, and may not want their names floating around. So if you know of someone but don't want to name them publicly, please let me know, and I can send you my friend's information to pass on to the midwife. Thank you!!

Sara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2009, 12:43 AM

I might know some people who might know some people, if your friend is still looking.

Candace~ midwife; partner to dh Steve for 18 years; mama to dd Emma 11/93 & ds Devan 5/97
Old 06-21-2009, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holistic Midwife View Post
I might know some people who might know some people, if your friend is still looking.
I would love any info anyone is willing to share about Cincinnati(or Dayton, OH) midwives also. I was planning on going to a HB meeting this Sunday so I could get some info. Unfortunately, there is a scheduling conflict(out of town in-laws) and I'm not sure we'll make it. I need my dh on board with this sooner than later due to a change in insurance. I think the only way he'll be ok with a HB is if we actually meet with a couple of midwives so they can squelch his fears/concerns. He is considering it and did watch "The Business of Being Born" with me the other day which I think made him more open to the idea. I am remaining hopeful that he'll come around soon!

Thanks,
Sarah

User Tag List